WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world's infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 30 transportation firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure.
Michael Baker is actively seeking a Part-Time Administrative Assistant to join our Tallahassee office. Under limited supervision, provides general administrative support the Office Executive, department or group of engineering professionals.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, a professional appearance and greet visitors and callers in a tactful and professional manner.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products including Microsoft 365, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Under limited supervision, operates multi-line VOiP telephone system to route incoming calls to the appropriate party; greets and directs visitors in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Overall support of the Tallahassee office staff on a variety of administrative and clerical tasks.
- Assisting in preparation of meeting minutes, sub-consultant agreements, project reports and similar documents.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains office in a tidy and orderly manner.
- Receives and signs for deliveries and courier packages. Routes to staff. Distribute incoming mail and handle outgoing mail and packages.
- Receive, sort, and route mail and faxes and maintains and route publications.
- Order, receive, and maintain office supplies.
- Coordinate travel arrangements as needed.
- Coordinate periodic meetings using the video conferencing system.
- Assist as necessary with editing, printing and assembly of reports, projects or marketing/proposal submittals.
- Preparation of expense reports as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- You'll need a High School diploma and have 3-5 years of related work experience.
- You'll need to have excellent communication skills for internal associates and external clients; have experience in general office support to include organization, filing, maintenance of document library, etc.
- Ideal candidate will also have professional maturity and dependability;
- Excellent English language skills, written and verbal, are essential to success in this role.
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.