Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: VP of Africa
Full Time Part Time (29 hours per week) $15.00/hour Temporary Exempt Non-Exempt
The Administrative Assistant for GA Africa will work for Co-Vice Presidents of Africa on a variety of tasks related to initiatives and activities within the geographic region. He/she will provide administrative support for the effective functioning of the team including planning and managing travel, communicating on behalf of the Co-Vice Presidents who are based in Pompano Beach, FL, and Lome, Togo. He/she will be required to work at the OneHope office in Florida 2-3 times a week to carry out administrative tasks that include scheduling and coordinating travel, team meetings, responding to generic emails, and note-taking during meetings. The Administrative Assistant will also be responsible for special projects assigned by Co-Vice Presidents of the Africa region.
This position performs a variety of highly responsible, confidential, and complex duties of assisting the VP of Africa. The Administrative Assistant performs highly responsible administrative work covering a broad range of ministry activities. This role requires extensive experience in analytical and communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include but not limited to:
- Support to VP
- Directs communication and coordination of activities on behalf of the VP to direct staff, partners, and ministry leaders.
- Manage the VPs email and respond on behalf of the VP via email
- Administrative Support
- Coordinate meetings and events at the OneHope office or internationally as needed
- Manage/organize the VP’s calendar (includes scheduling) and coordinate travel
- Attend onsite meetings at OneHope as needed, in order to take meeting minutes as directed.
- Serving as the primary approver for the HR system (approve timecards, vacations, and etc. for the Ministry Operations team)
- Organize the VPs travel
- Provides support for the group such as photocopying, faxing, and preparing routine correspondence
- Coordinate communication with other departments
- Works directly with VP on special projects and urgent problems to design solutions and implement programs.
- Completes projects and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining the cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem-solving; making adjustments to plans.
- Support projects include but not limited to literature reviews, researching topics, coordinating and managing projects, lead meetings, and attending networks and meetings as assigned by the VP.
- Financial Support
- Organize expenses and coordinate Concur reports
- Serving as the primary/sole approver for Concur for direct reports to VP (if needed)
- Support VP in budgets, monthly reports by presenting on behalf of the VP. (if needed)
This position requires the incumbent to make decisions for developing and maintaining confidential files and independently prepares correspondence. They are responsible to determine what issues can be resolved independently, by others and what needs the direct attention of the COS.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- A High School diploma is required with a minimum of 3-4 years of Administrative Assistant experience if the candidate does not have an Associates or Bachelor’s degree.
Skills and Abilities:
- Great Communication Skills
- Strong time management/organizational skills
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- A good listener; comfortable receiving input from many sources and able to distill the salient points and action items.
- Use independent judgment and initiative in making sound decisions and in developing solutions to problems
- Plan, organize, and schedule priorities
- Accept and readily adapt to change, including changes in organizational/office structure, management, strategies, business processes and procedures, priorities, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- A quick learner of computer software
- Prior use or ability to master the use of MAC iOS preferred
- Proficiency with online tools (Dropbox, Google Drive, Zoom, Cloud storage)
- Highly organized and capable of setting deadlines and priorities
- Self-directed and capable of creating processes for efficiency in workflow
- A proven team player
- Accepts direction and constructive criticism with a positive attitude
- Self-starter, a leader
- Culturally Aware
- Take personal responsibility for developing our own character: humility, dependent on God, trusting in God,
- Values Scripture Engagement
- Desire to see Children and Young people reached for Christ
Workweek/ hours of work:
- Part-time, but to be available evenings and weekends as needed if the situation requires
- Required in the office 3 times a week
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.