Pay Rate $20.00/hour to $25.00/hour
5-6 Month Contract
Hours 8am to 5pm
The Engineering Administrative Specialist is responsible to provide administrative support to the Engineering Department.
- Assists the Engineering department in matters of administration, including but not limited to the following: Log, file, store and/or distribute all incoming communications Generate, proofread, and send any correspondence to appropriate personnel via fax, email, interoffice mail, overnight mail, and regular post
- Update and complete any templates and/or vendor/contractor collaboration associated with projects under the direction of the engineers Administratively assist with capital projects including tracking scope, cost and timing adherence.
- Provide maintenance/organization for department drives
- Provide oversight for engineering safety administrative related tasks to include compulsory training administration
- Assists in writing and updating procedures and training materials as needed Assist engineers with various filing, shipping, copying, document creation, research, and editing of bid materials as required (contracts and RFQs).
- Perform financial closure activities related to month end capital project accounting Provide administrative oversight for capital project spend and balance to SAP for each capital project.
- Update monthly, quarterly spend reports to include capital phasing across quarters and years
- Advise and work with corporate finance as needed for journal entries and re-assignment Write and submit POs in support of capital projects.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by management Attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Must be at the workstation at the beginning of the shift.
- Must continuously follow all safety policies and procedures on the job.
- For safety and business purposes, must have communication skills including reading, writing and must be able to communicate to others as well as can receive communication from others.
JOB SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE JOB:
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner which enables the employee to get along with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
- Proficient in the use of general engineering type documents, specifications, contracts and terms.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including proficient use of grammar in technical writing and verbal communications.
- Excellent office management skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational ability. Ability to multi-task and meet project deadlines.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Two (2) years previous office experience required.
- Previous experience working in an engineering atmosphere preferred.
- Working knowledge of computers, including knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software Working knowledge of Autodesk software preferred.