Position Overview and Responsibilities:
FleishmanHillard, a leading global communications agency, has an immediate opening for an enthusiastic, talented and experienced Administrative Assistant to join our San Francisco office. This position will require a motivated self-starter who can work in a fast-paced environment, have the opportunity to work with our dynamic and experienced administrative team, and provide support across the office’s practice groups.
As one of the largest full-service agencies in the Bay Area, FleishmanHillard San Francisco practice groups include Consumer Brand Marketing, Corporate Reputation and Social Responsibility, Healthcare, Technology, and Social + Innovation. The San Francisco office was opened in 1993 and today has over 80 full-time employees in across various practice groups.
Our work is guided by the power of team and a “make it work” attitude that drives us to deliver every time for our clients and each other. Our culture of camaraderie across the office and the FleishmanHillard network keeps us motivated, inspired and energized. We’re proud to work with leading brands including: Cisco, Electronic Arts, General Motors, Fitbit, Genentech, AbbeVie, and many more.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives, and we recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Interface with clients and all levels of staff; help resolve complex inquiries from both clients and account staff.
- Assist with client and internal billing projects and inquiries.
- Prepare expense reports and reconcile monthly statements.
- Schedule and maintain calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itinerary for senior level executives.
- Prepare proposals, presentations, charts, tables, memoranda and letters using Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Provide research assistance on various projects and proposals.
- Will deal with sensitive and confidential information on a daily basis.
- Maintain inventory list of office IT supplies.
- 3+ years of administrative experience, with outstanding prioritization, communication and organizational skills.
- Previous experience managing executive calendars and travel arrangements.
- Experience in a billable environment is a huge plus, as is solid understanding of a client service environment.
- Understanding of accounting software and practices.
- Experience proofreading work for accuracy.
- Strong research and writing skills, with the ability to manage a project from start to finish.
- The ideal candidate will be effective working both independently and as a team member.
- Expert skill level in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Design and desktop publishing experience is a plus.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and handle changing needs of clients.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively in a team environment, negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under constant deadline pressure.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for eight years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
FleishmanHillard will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group:
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.