Customer First | Integrity | Excellence | Teamwork | Fun!
Peterson Power Systems has an immediate need for an experienced Administrative Assistant at our San Leandro, CA location.
At Peterson our Vision is to be our customers’ first choice. We put our customers first and continually strengthen our partnerships through our employee’s hard work, ingenuity and determination. Our 80 year history is a reflection of our collective efforts and focus.
We provide a family oriented environment that promotes safety, personal growth and professional achievement. Critical to our continued success is hiring and developing exceptional employees. We are deeply committed to providing an environment necessary to attract and retain engaged employees who will relentlessly strive to reach Peterson’s strategic goals and vision. We have high standards for our employees, with good reason. They represent Peterson, our family, our brand, and our values to customers and our team members.
We have high expectations and so do you. You are exceptionally motivated, have outstanding skills, and are looking for more than just a job. We offer competitive wages, generous benefits, and promotional opportunities at a family owned and operated business that really cares about employees. If you want to work side-by-side with others who are passionate about customer service, consider joining our team. You can help us write more chapters in our success story as we move towards celebrating our 100 year anniversary.
The person in the position provides administrative support in a variety of functions to individuals and departments. The person in the position will answer and direct incoming calls, greet visitors, responds to or routes routine inquiries from external or internal sources with own correspondence or other messaging, schedules and coordinates meetings, and other group activities, and perform clerical duties.
- Answer and direct incoming calls with courtesy and efficiency; take and forward messages, monitor calls on hold or on call back so they can be handled as quickly as possible.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Greet, announce and direct visitors, ensure that visitors are not unreasonably delayed and screen visitors that do not have appointments.
- Updates appointment calendars.
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail, and maintains and routes publications.
- Perform clerical support duties as required, such as create reports, purchase orders, letters, mail, fax, copies, etc. Order and control office supplies and various company forms, maintain front office bulletin boards.
- Request repair service for telephones or office equipment when needed.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1-3 years related experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Peterson Power Systems is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. A drug screen and background check is required.