One of our newest office locations, located near downtown Saratoga Springs, is adding to the team. Looking for an Administrative Assistant interested in growing their career with a professional services firm. This particular role will support a small tax office while also gaining some exposure to some bookkeeping work. If you are looking for a place to grow and sharpen your administrative and bookkeeping skills, why not apply?
We hope to find someone to perform routine clerical and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files,some basic client bookkeeping work or providing information to callers.
We offer competitive compensation packages including paid time off, vacation time, comprehensive health care benefits, firm sponsored events and 401k. Our Saratoga Springs office also is situated in a location that provides ample parking.
Apply today to schedule a phone interview with one of our Recruiters to really learn more and share your career goals. From there we will welcome candidates into the office to check out the space and meet the team.
- Operate office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems, and use computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management, and other applications.
- Make copies of correspondence and other printed material.
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Greet visitors and callers, handle their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Learn to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
- Set up and maintain paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence, and other material.
- Handle production work specific to the public accounting industry.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Computer Skills – Ability to operate spreadsheet, word processing and email programs.
- Teamwork – Ability to function within a group of co-workers and learn to work with different types of people.
- Confidentiality – Ability to keep client and employee information confidential and to not participate in office gossip.
- Willingness to be helpful and work overtime as needed
High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate); 2+ years