Element has an opportunity for an Administrative Assistant, who is responsible for a variety of office functions, including certification generation, invoicing, telephone answering, and reception.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete all areas outlined for this position in a satisfactory manner
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities necessary to meet the minimum job requirements of this position
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions
- Proficient in the operation of basic office equipment and knowledge of basic office procedures.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers including spreadsheets and word-processing. IE: Word, Excel, Accounting Software Applications, etc
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, and employees.
- Excellent telephone skills
- Good organization skills
- Ability to handle a multitude of tasks and prioritize effectively
- High level of accuracy in handling detail work
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- High School diploma required
- Valid driver’s license
- Two or more years’ experience in general office administrative duties
- Must have the ability to use basic mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply, divide, percentage, fractions, decimals, etc.)
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English both written and verbal
NOTE: This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), or U.S. Government export authorization is required. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the employer obtaining the necessary export authorization, including, if required, an export license from the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security, the U.S. Department of State’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, or other applicable government agency.
We are Element, one of the fastest growing testing, inspection, certification and calibration business in the world.
We deliver critical services in Materials Testing, Product Qualification Testing, Certification, Device Calibration and Advisory Services to the Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Transportation, Industrials, Fire and Building product, Infrastructure and other leading sectors, where failure in service is simply not an option.
Everything we do helps our customers to build better products; get their products to market on time; save them time and money; and minimize the risk associated with product development and production.
Our mission is simple: to be the best testing partner in the world and together we strive towards a common vision of becoming the world’s most trusted testing partner.
We have four values that we strive to live by every single day.
- Safety - We keep our colleagues and visitors safe
- Integrity - We act honestly and fairly to do the right thing
- Excellence - We set new standards of excellence in everything we do
- Partnership - We work together for the benefit of our customers
When combined with our mission and vision, the ethos this creates, enables Element to deliver one thing. CERTAINTY. We exist to help make certain that the materials and products we test, inspect, certify and calibrate for our customers are safe, quality, compliant and fit for purpose.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.