Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Title Insurance Company (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. First American Title’s Direct division provides comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services for real estate purchases, refinances and equity loans.We believe that our people are the key to the company’s continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit www.firstam.com.
Provides administrative support to a department, management team, and/or executive to ensure efficient operation of the office. Acts as focal point for department and company policy information, and responds to requests on a wide range of topics. Assignments often involve work of a confidential nature and require knowledge of practices and procedures of the function, company products, policies and programs.
This position may provide admin support to an individual or department; or may be responsible for standalone administrative function.
- Performs administrative support duties that require considerable experience, skill and knowledge of organization policies and practices
- Researches and obtains information for complex reports and special assignments
- Involved in issues of a confidential and sensitive nature
- Prepares and composes correspondence, reports, presentations, etc.
- Screens telephone calls and resolves inquiries
- Screens and responds to e-mail inquiries
- Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries. Coordinates related arrangements
- Screens calendar requests, gathering information from requester and presenting request to manager
- May prepare and distribute meeting notes and action items, tracking completion of tasks
- General administrative assistance includes filling out forms, filing, ordering office supplies, submitting and reconciling expense reports, greeting and assisting visitors
- Coordinates department meetings and events
- Works on problems of moderately complex scope where action requires a review of a variety of factors
- Researches and obtains information for a wide range of complex data
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Follows department processes and procedures and may make recommendation to these processes
Supervision Received or Extended
- Works under general supervision, acting on own initiative
- Uses expertise of more experienced level team members and leverages additional resources to confirm solutions
- No responsibility for supervision of others
- Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit and/or department
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Experience with MS Office suite, which include word processing, spreadsheets, databases, graphics and desktop publishing applications.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Must be able to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong grammar skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving and analytical
- Requires HS diploma; some college preferred
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically 2-4 years administrative experience
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.