High School Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Minimum 3 years’ experience working an in an office setting
- Excellent typing skills, transcribing skills and computer experience utilizing Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Lotus software
- Ability to pay strict attention to detail and prioritize projects is required
- Must have great organizational skills
- Ability to work and relate well to people of all cultural backgrounds
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English
- Must be professional and courteous
To provide a full range of administrative, clerical, and office support including, but not limited to: receive and direct all incoming calls, greet and direct all visitors/clients to correct destination.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Become knowledgeable about the various programs and departments and be able to refer individuals when appropriate.
- Assist in completing material needed for Corps reviews and inspections.
- Maintain confidential information in a secure location and access when needed.
- Assist the social services department with administrative type duties when requrested
- Provides a full range of administrative, clerical and office support including, but not limited to:
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls
- Manage Corp Officer calendars as requested
- Prepares and coordinate mail, faxes, and express packages.
- Provide filing assistance.
- Provides clerical/administrative support, including the composition and preparation of routine correspondence and presentations using computer software applications. (i.e. power points for worship, presentations, flyers, corps council minutes, advisory council minutes etc.)
- Maintain supply inventory and order when necessary
- Prepares and maintains telephone directory, collaboration directory, advisory council directory, soldier information, divisional registrations, new hire paperwork for seasonal and part-time employees.
- Payroll submission and record keeping of personal, vacation and sick time (V99 is official record).
- Advises supervisor of any issues to ensure excellent customer service.
- Assist with seasonal recruitment, application processing, volunteer coordination and paperwork. Work with team department heads to maximize effective facility usage and fundraising potential. (i.e. Christmas, Outside Groups, Corps Programming, Thanksgiving and Summer Volunteer)
- Recruit, prepare paperwork, and organize transportation for camperships. (Medical forms, ordering of transportation, etc.)
- Produce thank you notes to donors and other friends of The Salvation Army Springfield Corps.
- Attend staff meetings and project meetings. Prepare meeting minutes and action items.
- Perform other duties as assigned within the scope of the position
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Flexibility and a cooperative spirit are crucial characteristics of the individual who holds this important position. The Salvation Army reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. It is expected that each employee will be familiar with The Salvation Army Handbook for Employees. Questions regarding its contents can be directed toward the Human Resource Department or Immediate Supervisor.