Founded in 1971, Dialysis Clinic, Inc. (DCI) remains the nation’s largest non-profit dialysis provider. With a team of approximately 5,000 talented and caring employees serving across the United States, DCI provides care to nearly 15,000 patients on dialysis and 3,500 patients with chronic kidney disease. We offer a variety of services including in-center hemodialysis, home hemodialysis, and peritoneal dialysis (PD). Each position within DCI, from billers to administrators to nursing staff, contributes toward the goal of providing excellent patient care.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing numerous administrative responsibilities in support of clinical operations.
- Serves as the Medical Record Practitioner for the satellite clinic - is knowledgeable of HIPAA, and ensures proper maintenance, security, storage and destruction of patient medical records.
- Answers the phone, forwards the calls to the appropriate person, or takes messages.
- Greets all patients and visitors and directs them to their appropriate destination.
- Creates memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents as requested.
- Maintains the billing information for all in-center and transient patients. Verifies patient insurance and obtains pre-authorization when required.
- Keys daily flow sheets, generates reports, balances charges, and checks entries for accuracy.
- Assists AR personnel by notifying patients about delinquent accounts and in collection of accounts as requested.
- Completes log of incoming checks and cash.
- Verifies patient status daily (i.e. hospitalizations, missing a treatment, etc.).
- Prepares new patient packet for new admissions and for transient patients.
- Assist Nurse Manager, Area Operations Director, and clinical staff with clerical work as requested.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Three to six months related experience and/or training
Familiarity with medical terminology is preferred
Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
DCI is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. If you are having difficulty using the online application system or would like to request other accommodations or application methods, please contact Doug Patterson at Accommodations@dciinc.org or 615-327-3061. Once a request has been made, DCI will initiate a discussion with you about your needs and whether an accommodation can be provided. DCI is committed to providing such accommodations where possible.
For more information about equal opportunity please see: