The Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting in managing the organization's legal compliance needs. This position will assist the Legal Department's attorneys located at corporate headquarters and Contract Managers in remote locations.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of two years of experience as a Legal Administrator/Secretary is required.
- Completion of Paralegal/Legal Assistant course is preferred.
- Experience as a paralegal in a corporate or law firm setting is preferred.
- Experience with sales reporting under government contracts is preferred.
- Experience with competitive procurement such as RFPs, RFQs, ITNs, etc. is preferred.
- Similar combination of experience and education will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to type 50 WPM.
- Knowledge and solid understanding of office applications, specifically Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and SharePoint. Experience building SharePoint sites and working knowledge of Salesforce is preferred.
- Ability to review legal provisions and draft alternate language under the supervision of the Department's attorneys.
- Must be able to use Excel to report monthly and quarterly sales to business partners and government entities.
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines are critical.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage time and prioritize.
- Ability to multi-task as needed with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be results driven.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Successful in establishing and building relationships with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Legal Department in preparing and legal review of corporate documents, contracts and bid packages.
- Draft correspondence and documentation under the supervision of the Attorneys and Contract Managers.
- Assist with organizing and reviewing documents.
- Assist with completion of special projects requiring legal research and document drafting for the legal department.
- Prepare, distribute, collect and file all legal documents in Salesforce and SharePoint.
- Prepare and submit over twenty-five monthly and nine quarterly sales reports to the appropriate business partners and government entities using Excel and online reporting portals.
- Coordinate and schedule travel arrangements, meetings and appointments.
- Other duties as assigned
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
The environmental factors and/or physical requirements of this position include the following: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; and the ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-50 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application information. The associate frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.