This position fills a unique dual role by providing executive level administrative support not only to the President but also to the Board of Trustees. The Assistant to the President is appointed by and reports to the President. This position also serves to assist the Board of Trustees. He/she shall have such duties as the Secretary, Chairman of the Board, Board, and/or Executive Committee may assign and shall perform the duties of the Secretary in the absence or incapacity of the Secretary.
- Receive guests and answer the telephone.
- Create drafts of emails, memoranda, letters, reports, and other written material for the President and for the Board Chair
- Assist in interpreting policies, rules, and regulations in response to inquiries and refer inquiries to appropriate personnel.
Event Coordination (on and off campus)
- Assist in coordinating activities requiring direction and input from the President’s office.
- Assist the President in his fund raising capacity in a team effort with Institutional Advancement to strengthen and sustain the constituency, to cultivate donors, and to broaden the base of the constituency.
- Organize and follow up with details regarding baccalaureate/commencement – invitations to honorees and guests, details regarding the luncheon, order academic regalia and plan for overnight accommodations for honorees and speakers.
- Plan special events and other public relations functions, regularly coordinating with the First Lady.
- Coordinate the President’s calendar and schedule Cabinet meetings (must be able to use Google Calendar)
- Follow up on commitments, directives, and a continuum of projects to ensure that established schedules/documents are properly executed in a timely manner.
- Oversee travel logistics for the President and Trustees as necessary.
- Gather and collate travel and business expenses/receipts for staff.
- Prepares and processes travel/entertainment/business envelopes and check requests.
- Sorts and matches invoices and packing slips from vendors against statements, coding them accordingly.
- Prepare letters of appointment for President’s signature and maintain confidential personnel files.
- Tabulate and verify files re: evaluations of personnel who report directly to the President.
- Track time exemption reports for personnel who report directly to the President.
- Update and maintain organizational charts.
Board of Trustee Meetings
- Maintain a record of Board attendance.
- Plan logistics (meal, housing, travel, etc.) for Board meetings.
- Maintain file of names, addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, email addresses and committee assignments.
- Notify Board members of committee assignments, meeting dates, and schedules.
- Coordinate Board Committee Minutes, Agenda, and other materials prior to BOT meetings.
- Prepare Official Minutes for binding and storage in the archives in McCain Library.
- Certify Resolutions on behalf of the Board of Trustees and/or the Executive Committee of the Board.
- Assist the President in crafting regular updates for the Board of Trustees.
- Embrace, support, and promote Erskine College’s Christian mission as an agency of the Associated Reformed Presbyterian Church.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 5 years administrative assistant experience
- The capacity for working regularly with Google Calendar, Apple products, Microsoft Office Suite, the Internet, and the Advancement Office’s software—Raiser’s Edge—is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage activities
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment
To ensure full consideration, interested candidates should complete the on-line application, which can be found at www.erskine.edu or at https://erskine-lmfmf.formstack.com/forms/?1155959-KGA5DBTOKw The on-line application includes a link to upload a letter of application, a resume, and a list of references.