ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION
AUTISM SOCIETY LOS ANGELES
This position is a team role, working closely with the Executive Director, Resource Specialist, ASLA Staff, parent advocates and the community. Autism Society of Los Angeles mission is to improve the lives of all affected by autism in Los Angeles County by empowering individuals with autism, their families, and professionals through advocacy, education, support, and community collaboration.
Essential duties and responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to:
Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Great organization/attention to detail
Friendly and timely communication
Eager to learn and take on new opportunities as they arise
Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong organizational and planning skills
High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
Bilingual (Spanish, English) a plus
Computer Skills and ability to learn new productivity tools
Responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Maintain positive and cooperative working relationship with self-advocates, parents, professionals, coworkers, partners and the community.
- Assist ASLA in preparation, logistics and implementation of ASLA events and programs including conferences, trainings, fundraisers etc.
- Develop and manage diverse ASLA volunteer network.
- Represent ASLA and present at different events e.g. LAPD Safety Training, community tables
- Track donations and memberships, configure and maintain Donor database using Donor Perfect
- Update website using Word Press and Social Media.
- Maintain contact lists though constant contact
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Research and create presentations
- Prepare and monitor invoices
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Write letters and emails on behalf of other staff
- Maintain computer and manual filing systems
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Reply to email and telephone inquiries
- Develop and update administrative systems to make them more efficient and resolve administrative problems
Qualifications shall include, but not be limited to:
- Ability to travel to regular meetings at various meeting locations throughout ASLA catchment area.
- Access to home office, computer and printer is preferred.
- Basic computer skills required. Must know how to navigate the internet, search websites, and print forms.
- Effective communication abilities.
- High level of integrity and diplomacy.
- Ability to engage and work effectively with a diverse population of people
- Ability to manage appointments schedules and priorities.
- Ability to work flexible hours, may including evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to legally work in the United States;
- Must meet the qualifications of a driver as established by Company’s insurance carriers.
- Must possess dependable and reliable vehicle transportation.
- Must possess proof of car insurance.
- Must pass a reference and background check, including a driver’s record check.
COMPENSATION AND HOURS:
- Position is part-time, hourly, depending on experience $15 - $18, 10-15 hours per week.
- Some weekend and evening hours will be expected.