Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder Associates Inc. is looking for a full-time Administrative Assistant to join our Anchorage, AK team. This position provides project support to our technical staff assisting with all aspects of project delivery. Additionally, this position plays an integral role in the success of the office by supporting the office to ensure smooth day-to-day functionality.
Project Administrator duties include the following:
- Provide support and coordination of project deliverables, including document processing, copy editing, and formatting of project-related or other internal documents
- Support project managers with preparation of vendor and subcontractor contracts, work orders and health and safety compliance documents.
- Support project managers with project scheduling and budget tracking.
- Process project-related vendor and subcontractor invoices for payment.
- Create proposal/project sites using SharePoint.
- Manage and update client opportunities, proposal and project records through CRM/Dynamics or other company systems.
- Scanning, photocopying and mailing of documents and reports. Process files for filing and archiving.
Office Administrator duties may include the following:
- Answer phones, greet clients, guests, and employees.
- Order and manage stock of office supplies.
- Book conference rooms as requested. Arrange meeting logistics.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Maintain information relative to office facilities and assets.
- Timesheet administrator responsibilities.
- Accounts payable and vendor invoicing processing.
- Vendor management (security, copy machines, coffee/tea, vending, cleaner).
- Coordinate and process business travel arrangements.
- Plan and implement logistics for internal and external meetings and events. May also include planning and execution of office social events.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Required skills include:
- Minimum of two years of related experience.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office Suite. Advanced skill level using MS Word, intermediate skill level using MS Excel.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint, experience with MS Dynamics preferred.
- Outstanding copy editing skills. Ability to review documentation for compliance with corporate policies and correct usage of English language i.e., including grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Familiarity with basic office accounting processes (credit card reconciliation, vendor invoice and statement review/ processing)
- Familiarity with office equipment, including multi-line phones, business hub, printer/scanner/copier.
- Ability to undertake short-term travel for training and project support.
- Previous experience in an engineering, construction or architectural firm.
The successful candidate will be:
- A self-starter who is well organized, and accountable for commitments.
- Able to manage and/or contribute to multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to coordinate and communicate with clients and colleagues.
- Team-oriented, willing to assist as needed.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages.
- Option to purchase shares in Golder.
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result.
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment.
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects.
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching.
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.