For over 35 years, PBK Architects has been a leader in architectural and engineering design solutions across the United States. We are constantly seeking the brightest and most talented minds to be part of our award winning firm. Here at PBK, we pride ourselves in providing the best in class programmers, planners, architects, engineers, and consultants to offer top notch customer service. We strive to make a positive impact for future generations with our actions today. Here’s your chance, are you ready to make a difference?
Job Description - Administrative Assistant
PBK is in search of an ambitious candidate to fill the role of Junior Administrative Assistant. In this position, you will perform administrative and office support duties including word processing, data entry, the creation and editing of documents in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), internet research, filing and serving as back-up receptionist.
As this position is to serve as an addition to the administrative staff, you will serve to assist the project coordinators with overflow assignments, and miscellaneous admin/clerical tasks.
- Assist Project Coordinator with Project related meeting agendas and minutes
- Assist Project Coordinator with AIA Contract Documents
- Assist Project Coordinator with Logging/Tracking/Issuing project documents (AEAs, Pay Apps, etc.)
- Maintaining PBK Project Files
- Assist Front Desk with phone support/backup/rollover calls
- Birthday Celebration planning (firm wide and team based)
- Assist with Set up and planning for Client Meetings and firm wide events
- Prepare space for team meetings
- Reserve Conference Rooms and Conference Call Lines and/or Set up video conferences
- Produce meeting minutes and meeting agendas for internal or non-project related meetings
- Utilizing Document Templates to prepare Letters, etc.
- Entering and logging timesheets and expense reports as necessary
- Maintaining Partner’s / Principals Calendars
- Log / Prepare Client Sponsorship Requests and other check requests
- Maintain Team Vacation Calendar / Team Organization “Spirit” in general
- 1-3 years of experience in an administrative role.
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite; MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Very detailed, accurate proofreading skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Punctuality and dependability are required.
- Work well under pressure, juggle and prioritize multiple projects and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines.
- A/E/C industry experience is strongly preferred.
PBK has built a client base of more than 200 clients, a list that includes school districts, university systems, hospital systems and Fortune 500 corporations. PBK offers employees competitive wages, health care and 401K matching along with numerous opportunities to become involved in extra-curricular activities and organizations established through the firm. PBK has established a culture that has led to the firm being named to the list of “Best Places to Work.”