Mabbett & Associates, Inc. (Mabbett), an award-winning and industry leading environmental, health and safety and architectural-engineering consulting firm, is seeking a full-time Administrative Associate/Receptionist to support the administrative needs of the firm.
- Associate degree or certificate in business, marketing, communications, English and/or related continuing education/professional development.
- 5 years of professional office administrative experience preferably with an architectural, engineering and consulting (A/E/C) or legal professional service firm(s).
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills. Experience proofreading and editing documents.
- Must be detail oriented and have strong organization skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including: Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Adobe InDesign is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Professional, email marketing services, and file transfer protocol (FTP) sites.
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to changing deadlines/schedules while maintaining strong attention to detail and a positive attitude.
- Must have a strong sense of urgency and be able to successfully and consistently manage multiple/competing priorities on a daily basis.
- Must have a positive can-do attitude, able to perform duties with minimal supervision and effectively collaborate with other Administrative staff.
- Must work well with staff at all levels of the organization, be a problem solver and have excellent follow up skills. Dependability and punctuality are essential in this position.
- Must have self-confidence and be able to effectively communicate verbally and on the telephone.
- Experience working with and maintaining sensitive and confidential information.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed in order to meet project and proposal deadlines.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with a valid driver's license and able to successfully pass a pre-employment background check and a drug screen, to include cannabis. Additional background checks, including those conducted for the Federal government is required.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to all levels of the organization, including executive and senior management and staff, project managers and technical staff.
- Perform routine administrative duties including: answering multi-line telephone system, screening and directing calls as appropriate, copying, faxing, processing all incoming and out-going mail and packages (including sorting, packaging, metering, shipping and receiving parcels via USPS, UPS and FedEx), greeting office visitors in a professional, friendly and hospitable manner, coordinating WebEx conference calls and catering for in-house meetings/events, maintain office supplies, minor cleaning/upkeep of conference rooms and common areas.
- Format, proofread and edit documents for various clients and Federal agencies to ensure accuracy and clarity of the final product prior to release (i.e. utilization of proper templates, verifying that the document is free of spelling, grammatical, typographical errors, etc.).
- Assist the Director of Marketing and Proposal Development with the production of Federal Request for Qualifications/Request for Proposals (RFQs/RFPs), as well as letter-type proposals.
- Receive, copy, organize, file and share incoming and outgoing emails, letters, reports, etc.
- Prepare and maintain files in accordance with internal administrative project control procedures, including the coordination and maintenance of project/archive documents and files.
- Research travel options for corporate business trips, conduct comparative price analyses and make travel reservations.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
Office / Administrative Assistant