Openings as of 5/17/2019
- Administrative Asstistant I-1768 Sedona JobID: 1768
- Position Type:
Support Staff/Administrative Assistant I
- Date Posted:
Early Childhood & Family Education Programs
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT I Location: Sedona Employee Status: Permanent Hours Per Week: 40 Hours Work Calendar: 12-Month Pay Rate: $14.1200 Other: Training for this position will take place in Flagstaff until 7/1/2019 CLASSIFICATION SPECIFICATION Class Summary
The Administrative Assistant I is the second level of a four level Administrative Support series. Incumbents perform a variety of office support activities requiring defined decision making and office operations in addition to routine support activities.
Based upon assignment, incumbents are responsible for performing such duties as processing forms and documents related to school, human resource, payroll, purchasing, work order and bid activities; performing data entry and preparing documents such as correspondence, newsletters, forms, and reports; maintaining and ensuring accuracy of data files, keycards, filing systems and records; tracking budget and student fund expenditures; dispatching; and, as assigned verifying accuracy lower level support staffs work. Incumbents perform a variety of office and business support activities requiring defined decision making and office operations experience in addition to routine support activities.
Incumbents may act as a lead worker for first level administrative support staff making work assignments and determining completion of work.
Position will be responsible for some or all of the listed duties and/or related duties.
Training and Experience
- Experience with using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Experience with performing for people or dealing directly with the public. This includes serving customers and receiving clients or guests.
- Experience with data base user interface and query software, electronic mail software, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to pass FBI and State background check
- Defensive Driver Training Program to be completed by all agency personnel that drive on State business
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have the manual dexterity to key 45 wpm on a routine basis.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Policies, procedures, and programs of the immediate work unit.
Demonstrated Skill/Ability To
- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Handling detailed work with accuracy and speed.
- Scheduling and coordinating meeting and conferences.
- Plan, coordinate, analyze and establish priority.
- Skill in communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
- Analyze and summarize information.
Benefit eligible employees have a variety of choices for medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, supplemental and dependent life insurance. Offered plans provide exceptional value to our employees and their eligible dependents. Employees have a 31-day period from effective date of hire to elected coverage. Elected benefits could start as early as 2 weeks after hire.
Benefit eligible employees are automatically covered for basic life, non-smokers, accidental death and dismemberment and seat belt insurance.
Benefit eligible employees are automatically enrolled in the States retirement plan and long-term disability (LTD) program. Enrollment is mandatory and is subject to a 26-week waiting period before initial enrollment. Employees may also choose to participate in a deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments. Benefit Options also offer Employee Self-Service, Wellness, Tuition Discount, Travel Reduction, Auto & Home Insurance and Purchase Discount Programs.
CONTACT INFORMATION For more information contact the Recruiter at: HumanResources.Recruitment@asdb.az.gov
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting the Recruiter. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
- Position Type: