STATE BAR OF TEXAS
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
JOB NUMBER: 20-025-3075 CLOSING DATE: December 6, 2019 1:00 p.m. CST
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $61,058 - $68,690 annually, plus excellent benefits
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Attorney
DEPARTMENT: Chief Disciplinary Counsel – Dallas, TX
Represents the Commission for Lawyer Discipline in attorney disciplinary proceedings, inboth administrative and districtcourtproceedings. Occasionally represents the State Bar of Texas in litigation. Provides ethical direction to the State Bar members. Involves frequent contact with State Bar departments, complainants, respondents, and other outside agencies and organizations.
1. Reviews and evaluates complaints for the purpose of just cause determinations.
2. Presents cases for summary dismissal to panels of district grievance committees.
3. Performs pre-litigation investigations related to the processing of grievances.
4. Assists in the representation of the Commission for Lawyer Discipline in evidentiary hearings and state district court proceedings.
5. Evaluates and negotiates settlements for recommendation to the Commission for Lawyer Discipline in both evidentiary and district court proceedings.
6. Performs other responsibilities as required.
Must have a Texas law license. A minimum of two years of litigation experience preferred. Requires knowledge of litigation and appellate practice (state and federal), Texas Rules of Professional Conduct/Texas Rules of Disciplinary Procedure and Texas Rules of Civil Procedure/Texas Rules of Evidence. Personal computer and computer software knowledge required (including Microsoft Word). Effective legal research and writing skills required. Must be able to communicate effectively, coordinate workflow, meet deadlines, and manage a fluctuating caseload. Must perform duties in a professional and respectful manner. Must abide by confidentiality rules and other rules that apply to the attorney disciplinary system in Texas. Occasional travel required.
HOW TO APPLY:
P.O. Box 12487, Capitol Station, Austin, Texas 78711-2487, (512) 427-1489