Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
- Maintains calendar for General Counsel to include meetings, appointments, travel, visits to field or operating units.
- Prepares agendas, materials and presentations for routine meetings, and for high level meetings for which the General Counsel is responsible, including the President’s Office and Board of Governors.
- Responsible for oversight of OGC’s budget to ensure the department remains fiscally responsible. This includes payment and reconciliation of invoices, tracking legal spend for individual teams and projects.
- Performs various research and analytical tasks on behalf of the General Counsel regarding operational issues and initiatives. Administers and tracks projects and compiles results or findings from multiple departments reporting to the General Counsel.
- Creates presentations with cutting edge technology to communicate the strategies and initiatives of the Office of General Counsel.
- Uses appropriate professional judgment to keep the General Counsel and leadership staff abreast of any changes, issues, or concerns that may impact daily activities, schedules or on-going initiatives.
- Education - 4-year college degree or combination of education and experience.
- Experience - Minimum of 5 years related work experience. Preferred Experience- Legal background a plus.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills with ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent at calendar management.
- Capable of prioritizing and completing tasks under tight deadlines and the flexibility to meet sudden and unpredictable business needs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels of staff including internal and external C-suite executives.
- Demonstrates strong customer service skills and displays constant professionalism. Willingness to work outside standard established business hours are necessary.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and display tact and diplomacy in difficult or sensitive situations.
- Proficient knowledge and use of Microsoft Office applications (including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), SharePoint technology, and willing and able to adapt to changing technology to maintain – and increase – office efficiency.
Position is located in Washington, DC at Red Cross-National Headquarters.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights