Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Administrative Clerk II - LS 1st Shift
Administrative Clerk II – 1st shift
Lee's Summit, MO
PAE has an opportunity for an Administrative Clerk II on the 1st shift to join our team supporting our program in Lee's Summit, MO. The hours for the 1st shift are 6:00 am - 2:30 pm.
The Administrative Clerk II selects appropriate methods from a wide variety of procedures or makes simple adaptations and interpretations of a limited number of substantive guides and manuals. The clerical steps often vary in type or sequence, depending on the task. Recognized problems are referred to others.
As an Administrative Clerk II, you will:
- Selects appropriate methods from a wide variety of procedures or makes simple adaptations and interpretations from a limited number of substantive guides and manuals.
- Clerical steps often vary in type or sequence, depending on the task.
- Open mail and remove contents.
- Route mail to correct location if delivered incorrectly.
- Achieve basic knowledge of computer operating systems, such as CLAIMS, to include retrieval of individual application information, data entry, and generation of file labels.
- Collect information from source documents and input data into various formatted screens in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Key in fields such as A-file number, date of birth, name and alias (es), address, attorney name and address, corrections, updates to applicant/petitioner information, and other pertinent information.
- Verify the accuracy of the information entered into USCIS systems. As needed, search for valid data within source documents when entering information from specific forms.
- Review applications and/or petitions for completeness, jurisdiction, signature, and process those compliant and non-compliant applications/petitions in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Generate screen printouts in conjunction with data entry in accordance with USCIS policies and procedures.
- Requests and receives files from other service centers, including NRC, HBG, etc., and delivers accordingly.
- Create files in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ensure adherence to internal controls by backing out of time keeping or data reporting screens and logging off computer terminals when not in use.
- Secure workstations and all documents at the close of each work shift.
- Monitor and safeguard immigrant application and petitions at all times, in accordance with and contractor policies and procedures.
The Basic Qualifications for this position are as follows:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Federal Government Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) suitability determination
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive 7-year criminal and credit history background check
- Must successfully complete a drug screening
- Must complete a computer-based assessment on basic computer skill
Minimum Experience, Education and Licensure
- Have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of eighteen (18) months of experience working in an office environment involving PC hardware and software, including LANs and WANs.
- Basic personal computer skills.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Flexible work schedule based on customer requirements that may require an immediate service response.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to relate to others in a friendly, courteous, and business-like manner in a highly stressful environment.
- Analytical and evaluative capabilities.
- Ability to quickly assimilate information and make valid decisions.
- Ability to learn and apply information about immigrant petition and application procedures and the laws and regulations pertaining to immigration requirements.
- Read rapidly from both paper and a computer terminal.
- Manual dexterity in the use of word processing equipment.
- Capable of doing daily clerical repetitive tasks.
- Good hand to eye coordination.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as: lifting, standing, sitting, reaching, twisting, sealing envelopes, filing, and reading.
- Ability to work in one place and transverse the office on a continuing basis.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 30 lbs. and push large carts.
PAE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation or gender, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform substance abuse testing.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.