Job Purpose: To accept and schedule customer inbound orders to ensure customer satisfaction. To provide administrative support as required by personnel working in the Outbound Operations Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enter customer orders and scan / index documents as required.
- Schedule the delivery of customer loads.
- Properly document orders in computer and update customer contact information.
- Maintain communications with customers regarding changes delivery schedules and potential service failures.
- Handle all billing for the Inbound Department
- Train associates on tasks of Inbound Departments such as, but not limited to: creating of Outbound paperwork, filing systems, billing functions, accuracy verification of inbounds, and AIB standards.
- Clearly understand goals, policies, and procedures of RJW as well as those of the customers.
- Communicate customer problems, leads, and inquiries to the appropriate personnel.
- Maintain confidentiality of company information.
- Recommend improvements and implement approved improvements.
- Update reports as required by operations manager and COO.
- Assist local dispatcher in update of Tee Cards.
- Other tasks as assigned by manager.
- Positive telephone personality.
- Capable of being trained to be ‘Phone Assertive’.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Organizational and scheduling skills.
- Computer abilities including word processing, spreadsheet, and ability to learn application software used by RJW.
- Basic office clerical skills.
- Must be able to type at least 40 wpm.
- 3 – 4 years of clerical experience.
- Basic transportation / logistics experience.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- High School Diploma or general education diploma (GED) is preferred.