Working hard to make your job easier
- Extend the healing ministry of Christ through holistic, people-centered health care.
BROOKWOOD BAPTIST HEALTH VALUES
- INTEGRITY - Honoring God in all we do.
SERVICE - Ministering with Respect, Compassion, and Dignity.
QUALITY - Defining the highest standard of care.
TRANSPARENCY - Showing integrity in word and deed.
INNOVATION - Having courageous creativity.
- This role provides leadership and support to the senior executive position (CNO) responsible for all nursing and other designated patient care functions/services within the hospital organization. The role will assume responsibility for assisting in assessing, planning, coordinating, implementing and evaluating nursing practice for device line. Role assumes 24/7 responsibility of Manager s assigned toareas. The role is accountable to support CNO to ensure high quality, safe and appropriate nursing care, competency of clinical staff, and appropriate resource management related to patient care. The role serves as a role model and advocate for the professional discipline of nursing.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND SKILLS
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Monitors/maintains unit compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for patient services and environmental and personnel safety.
- Oversees service line PI program, monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
- Promotes a positive image of professional nursing and services as a role model and advocate for the professional discipline of nursing.
- Trains, disciplines, assigns, manages, reviews and evaluates assigned employees.
- Utilizes appropriate resources within the institution to provide consultation, education, technical or informational services as needed for self, staff and patients.
- Required: Academic degree in nursing required (Bachelors or Masters degree).
- Required: 5 Years of progressive management experience in a hospital environment as a director or manager.
- Preferred: Masters degree in Nursing or related field (Health Administration, Business, Public Health, or management).
- Certification in Specialty of Leadership Preferred
- *Incumbents hired into this role prior to 12/1/17 are grandfathered.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS / REGISTRATIONS
- Required: Must be currently licensed, certified or registered to practice profession as required by law, regulation in state of practice or policy.
LEADER TRAITS FOR MANAGERS
- Learning and Growth Management -
- Communication - active listening, coaching, giving and receiving feedback, communication planning, disagreement/consensus building, effective written and verbal communications, meeting facilitation, and presenting information.
- Manage Relationships - conflict management, negotiations, persuasion/soliciting ideas, and team building.
- Develop Talent identify and recruit diverse talent, apply behavioral interviewing, develop retention and succession plans, evaluate performance, and set goals and standards.
- Lead create supportive innovation environment, motivate and influence, manage a vision/goals and purpose, manage change, prioritize and delegate, make decisions, and lead work teams.
- Baptist Experience Service Management:
- Enhance Customer Satisfaction use complaint management and service recovery, apply clinical quality management, monitor and improve patient and customer satisfaction, and use stakeholder identification and communication.
- Plan Strategically utilize patient and customer satisfaction data, utilize employee engagement data, and assess population needs.
- Results and Outcomes Management:
- Use Support Standards apply benchmarking, collect and analyze data, create performance improvement environment, and apply LEAN principles.
- Plan and Execute apply analytical thinking, plan and prioritize, problem solve and innovate, manage projects, and hold self and others accountable.
- Budget and Financial Management:
- Financial Acumen analyze reports and data/take appropriate action, develop/monitor and adjust budget, manage staffing and scheduling based on productivity, develop and analyze Requests for Proposal, build and analyze pro formas, and understand healthcare reimbursement/manage business.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Ability to operate various office machines including printers, computers and various software packages
- Ability to problem-solve
- Ability to train others
- Interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and clinical competence in nursing care, knowledge and skills
- Knowledge and experience in healthcare
- Knowledge of sterilization procedures and infection control
- Process improvement and quality skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
SUPERVISORY / BUDGET RESPONSIBILITIES
- Approximately eleven (11) direct reports.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / ENVIRONMENT
- Body Fluid Exposure: Yes
- Carry/Lift <10 lbs. Occasionally, up to 20% of the time
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.