Bring Your Passion to the Forefront:
Join the hospital trusted by Chicago’s Southland, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, in this role as an Executive Assistant.
The Executive Assistant performs varied administrative, office management and clerical activities to support the office of the Vice President of Patient Care Services/Chief Nursing Officer. Duties include maintaining the CNO’s calendar and the partnering with other leaders to coordinate meetings. The Executive Assistant must demonstrate strong attention to detail and be comfortable working under minimum supervision. The position acts with a degree of independence in the resolution of procedural and administrative problems. The Executive Assistant must be comfortable and experienced handling confidential and sensitive information and issues relating to people and the organization with the appropriate level of care.
Executive Assistant Job Description
- Provides secretarial support for executive-level leader(s). Core duties include, but are not limited to: answering phone calls, handling incoming and outgoing mail, establishing and maintaining electronic and paper files and records, and organizing, prioritizing and completing daily assignments within deadlines in a highly accurate manner.
- Drafts, composes, and distributes correspondence.
- Maintains the executive calendar through the Microsoft Outlook program.
- Assumes responsibility for efficient management of department. Duties include, but are not limited to, greeting and screening visitors, handling routine requests for information and directing visitors to appropriate individuals in the department.
- Attends leadership meetings and special events and maintains minutes and presentations when requested.
- Provides administrative support to executive directors and directors including support for project management.
- Maintains and files various reports at the direction of the CNO.
Executive Assistant Required Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
Executive Assistant Preferred Qualifications
- At least a two-year degree or commensurate professional experience.
- 3-4 years of progressively responsible secretarial experience.
Executive Assistant Knowledge
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft suite, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Comprehensive knowledge of secretarial/workflow procedures and operations In-depth understanding of administrative work systems, efficiency tools, and office procedures.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact courteously and effectively with all members of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to safeguard highly confidential information.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and developed problem solving skills.
Why Join Us:
For nearly a century Ingalls Memorial has pioneered sophisticated clinical care and developed the area's most convenient network of comprehensive outpatient centers, all dedicated to improve the health and wellbeing of the community. Now, partnered with UChicago Medicine, we have expanded our network of expert physicians, convenient facilities and scope of service to speed your healing process and help navigate your path to wellness. A skilled Medical Staff and talented employees dedicated to prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of illness and injury provide a firm foundation for our reputation for quality. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We’re in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you’d like to add enriching human life to your profile, UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial is for you. Here at Ingalls, we’re doing work that really matters. Join us!.
UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: Ingalls Career Opportunities
UChicago Medicine Ingalls is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.