You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. Global success hasn’t changed our tight-knit feel – we’ve simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company – it truly is a special place.
With direction from division & area controller and the plant manager, the position manages the administrative functions for production, cost analysis, payroll, accounts payable and receivable, monthly financial statements, month end closing, inventory management and annual budgeting. Position also manages purchasing, scheduling, CSR, HR, Oracle activities and other plant administrative functions.
- Safety. Sonoco prides itself in world class safety performance. All team members are expected to be actively involved in the safety process; including responsibility for their own personal safety and participation in team & process improvement related activities.
- Administration. Supervise administrative team in areas of Oracle, AP, AR, payroll, inventory management, purchasing, scheduling, human resources and month end closing. Provide coaching, counseling & discipline as needed to ensure effective individual and team performance.
- Financials. Lead all month end closing & financial reporting. Ensure accuracy of P&L and Balance Sheet including the retention of appropriate support documentation. Complete effective financial analysis in support of division reporting objectives. Responsible for maintaining internal controls for all areas of the business including participation in audits.
- SPS Supply Chain & Cash Flow. Manage plant working capital effectiveness including AR, AP and inventories. Coordinate physical counts, OA analysis and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Budgeting. Lead plant budgeting process including sales, productivity, capital, headcount, fixed costs and working capital plan development.
- Costing/Process Improvement. Support division team in developing and updating Oracle standard costs. This includes quarterly validation of actuals versus standards and periodic exercises to determine cost savings opportunities for project analysis.
This position is located in Memphis, TN at our Presidents Island facility. PI is one of the largest manufacturing facilities in the company and is a 24/7 manufacturer of metal closures for the Snack, Powdered Beverage, Powdered Infant Formula, Caulk and other segments. Sonoco PI offers a family oriented environment and a dynamic, strategically important opportunity to make an immediate impact and prepare for career advancement in finance, supply chain or administrative management.
- We expect you to have a 4 year degree.
- You will also have at least 2 years of experience.
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you and your family. In addition, we offer competitive wages and retirement plans.
Apply today and help us grow stronger.
For more information, visit www.sonoco.com/careers or follow us on social media @sonoco_careers!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.