If you are ready to take the next step in your career path towards a leadership role in nursing, this part-time, benefit eligible position is for you!
This position is 48 hours per two week pay period on the Night shift with a varying schedule and IS benefit eligible!
This position would work a mix of 8 hour shifts and 12 hour shifts night shifts and you'd work every third weekend.
The University of Minnesota Medical Center represents an integrated academic health care system and is comprised of two hospitals and dozens of adult specialty clinics on both the East and West banks of the University of Minnesota campus in Minneapolis. It is the flagship facility of Fairview providing breakthrough medicine and transforming the health of our community.
In this role, you will be overseeing the primary functions of the nursing staff in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the care of all patients during the shift of duty. You would be responsible for ensuring that established standards of nursing practice and patient care are being met, including appropriate utilization of assigned personnel based on clinical competence and coordinating teamwork with all members of the health care team.
Other duties include:
- Coordinating nursing activities in the hospital on a shift basis
- Interpreting and enforcing departmental policies and procedures
- Serving as an internal resource for maintaining staffing guidelines and patient intake function
- Serving as the representative of hospital administration
- Responsible for human resources and financial management during assigned shift to maintain quality service, positive employee relations, and fiscal expectations
- Allocates daily staffing resources
- Patient and Employee Safety: Demonstrates understanding of role in developing and maintaining an environment that is safe for patients, visitors, and employees.
- Serves as a resource, coach and mentor to hospital employees
- Supervises patient flow issues throughout the hospital
- Ensures that established standards of professional nursing practice and patient care excellence are being met
- Organization expectations; as applicable
You will be required to have:
- Current MN RN licensure
- Min of 3 yrs experience in an acute care setting.
- Demonstrated Supervisory abilities
We prefer if you have:
- Masters degree