Community Resources For Justice is a unique, 140 year old nonprofit organization headquartered in Boston, that provides direct care as well as research/consulting services within the areas of the Mental Health and the Criminal Justice/Public Policy field. Our three divisions, Social Justice Services, Community Strategies, and the Crime and Justice Institute are recognized for their effectiveness and contributions to this important work.
The Administrative Service Coordinator (ASC) will be working in CRJ's administrative offices on Harrison Ave in Boston's South End, located a short walk from the Silver Line as well as Broadway, Tufts Medical, and Back Back T-Stations. We also have quick and easy access on and off 93 for those individuals who enjoy the comfort of their own vehicle. Our Admin office is conveniently located around many eateries, shops, as well as Ink Block and Whole Foods just a block away
As the first person to greet visitors and employees, the Administrative Services Coordinator (ASC) is the face of the office. As such, this position requires a polite, professional, and welcoming personality whether in person or over the phone. This individual will also be responsible for ensuring efficient operations with regard to directing calls, mail, deliveries and faxes, managing office and kitchen supplies, ordering office equipment, making service calls, and maintaining relationships with our property manager and vendors. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of reliability, punctuality and attendance, be organized, have exceptional multi-tasking abilities and take pride in maintaining a highly organized office environment.
The ASC will report to the Assistant Director of Human Resources and provides high level administrative support to multiple departments and/or Managers. Duties include general clerical and project based work.
- Utilize strong Microsoft Office skills to prepare and/or develop various reports and presentations utilizing Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher and Access (or similar data base) on behalf of the executive/senior team. Creation of these documents will be based on input that could range from notes, draft or finished documentation.
- Provide administrative support to executives and senior team including developing and maintaining electronic and hardcopy filing systems, writing office correspondence, scheduling meetings, etc.
- Assist in designing, maintaining and streamlining tracking systems and checklists for various initiatives
- Interact with other departments within CRJ and with external organizations.
- Maintain office equipment and order general office supplies for the Administrative office.
- Periodically examine all office machines to ensure that they are in working order.
- Sort and coordinate incoming/outgoing mail, faxes and all other deliveries.
- Work closely with the Director of Facilities on Facilities data bases and reports.
- Analyze work requests from field and prioritize order of work requests in terms of importance with assistance of the Dir. of Facilities.
- Work closely with the Director of HR and staff on HR data bases and reports.
- Analyze and prepare compiled data for wage and benefit surveys, government compliance requirements and reports, including but not limited to Affirmative Action Plans, EEO-1 reporting, etc.
- Manage paper flow of new hires, change orders, and terminations.
- Assist in preparing and disseminating any training, employee benefit or project related materials.
- Maintain the active and inactive employee files.
- Communicate to the Board of Directors as directed by the CEO or other executive staff members. Prepare handouts for Board meetings. Attend Monthly Board Meetings and take comprehensive minutes.
- Update web staff directories and distribute as needed.
- Perform various administrative functions to assist in administrative management of offices.
- Associate’s Degree with 2 years related professional experience
- Highly organized
- Ability to prioritize and provide support to multiple department and staff
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Detail orientated, proofs all work thoroughly
- Self motivated and takes initiative
- Works well under pressure
- Meets deadlines
- Handles confidential information
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Access) including abilities with macros, pivot tables, graphics, templates, charts and complex word processing.
CRJ provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.