Behavioral Health Group (BHG), a leading provider of opioid addiction treatment services. BHG provides medication assisted treatment and counseling services in a conventional outpatient setting.
At BHG, we are committed to the belief that addiction is a brain disease, not a moral failing. We are committed to treatment that embodies Hope, Respect, and Caring.
The Administrative Support Specialist is responsible for managing patient flow in the office, by moving patients through a predetermined schedule of appointments. The Administrative Support Specialist should understand his/her own limitations, seeking advice and assistance when necessary. Specific duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Welcome patients and visitors to the treatment center in person and on the telephone; answer inquiries or refer questions to the appropriate staff member
- Maintain the front desk area in a neat and orderly condition
- Assist other staff members with duties as workload dictates
- Validate patient’s acceptance into our treatment program by checking identification, discussing financial arrangements and performing general clerical work and filing
- Complete insurance verification and collect co-pays
- Assist patients in completing insurance forms for submission as needed
- Provides positive customer relations in dealing with patients, families, physicians, members of the healthcare team, referral sources, services agencies and others.
- Maintain appropriate supplies inventory for all laboratory procedures
- Manage monthly patient lists for medical testing and follow-up testing
- Adheres to all department/facility policies
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- High school graduate or equivalent
- One year full time experience as a Medical Receptionist or similar role
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of basic office and computer skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Remain calm in stressful situations
GREAT Opportunities -- Our Team Members are motivated self-starter’s who excel in a fast-paced environment and become a valued member of our team.
GREAT People -- Our staff has a passion to be the best, sharing a strong work ethic and dedication to providing world-class support to the teams in the field who serve our patients every day!
GREAT Support -- We recognize that our success, and that of our patients, relies on the quality of our Team Members. Once we have identified and hired a new Team Member, we work diligently to keep their skills and talent engaged by providing the systems, tools and training necessary.