Save First Financial Wellness, a service of Catholic Charities, supports financial empowerment for individuals and families through a continuum of services. Save First is a well-regarded, innovative and rapidly growing leader within the financial empowerment and asset building field with a mission to partner with the most vulnerable to achieve lasting solutions to poverty and injustice.
Are you looking for challenging, meaningful work where mission and people matter? Are you looking to be an integral part of an exceptional team with unlimited opportunity to learn and grow? If you answered yes, then please apply below. We'd love to meet you!
POSITION DESCRIPTION & SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
We are looking for a person with a keen attention to detail that enjoys a fast-paced environment to provide administrative support to Save First with the following qualities and interests:
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to take initiative, resolve problems, follow through with tasks, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently as well in team setting; be flexible and adapt well to different dynamics.
- Passion to work in partnership with vulnerable populations to achieve lasting solutions to poverty and injustice.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Save First team, including managing the calendar of appointments, preparation of meeting materials and notifications, coordination of meetings for rooms and meals as necessary; composing and preparing correspondence, enrolling clients in the appropriate class or coaching session, and general recordkeeping.
- Provide overall office support/technical support (supplies, equipment, space, etc.) to the Save First team, working closely with supervisor.
- Assist with coordination of Save First events.
- Provide outreach event support as needed by Save First team.
- Participate in trainings and coordination meetings as requested by Supervisor.
- Adherence to Catholic Charities policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related fields or equivalent work / lived experience preferred.
- 2-3 years of clerical, administrative or office experience required. Preferably in a nonprofit setting.
- Excellent proficiency in all programs of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner. High attention to detail required.
- Demonstrated judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential matters.
- Ability to work well in team setting, as well as independently; be flexible and adapt well to different dynamics in a fast-paced work environment.
- Willingness to learn new skills and take on new responsibilities.
- Strong analytical and strategic problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work some weeknights and/or weekend days; as needed.
- Commitment to Catholic Charities mission to work in partnership with vulnerable populations to achieve lasting solutions to poverty and injustice.
- Travel between Portland, OR and Vancouver, WA sites required. Must have driver's license, access to vehicle and ability to obtain automobile insurance at levels required by agency (100/300/100).
- Successful completion of civil, criminal and/or motor vehicle background checks.
COMPENSATION: Compensation is commensurate with skills and experience. Competitive benefits package, including: 100% employer paid health insurance (employee portion), disability, life insurance, paid time off, 12 paid holidays, retirement plan, free parking and more.
TO APPLY: Submit your application, resume and cover letter at https://catholiccharitiesoregon.applicantpro.com/jobs/
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER