The Financial Manager is responsible for managing consumer bank accounts for which the Center serves as Representative Payee. The person in this position is responsible for monitoring bank accounts and maintaining Medicaid eligibility status.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Prepare checks, complete deposit slips, confirm bank deposits, and make deposits for consumers on a weekly basis. Ensure paycheck stubs are reported to Social Security.
- Distribute checks for personal needs allowance, groceries, rent, Room and Board, to consumers and providers weekly. Collect receipts for purchases.
- Ensure rent and bills are paid by due date and ensure the consumers understand all expenses being paid.
- Monitor and reconcile bank statements monthly and review with consumers.
- Monitor bank account balances to ensure balances stay under the limit to maintain Medicaid eligibility. Provide necessary information to Eligibility Specialist for renewal applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and telephone skills
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Must display excellent organizational skills and time management
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, keyboarding for prolonged periods and lifting 30 pounds
- Ability to be CPR and PMAB certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 year experience in a clinical or administrative assistant position Preferred
Hours: Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM
Salary: $19,282 annually/$9.2702 hourly
Location: IDD Services
3708 W Waco Dr Waco