Are you looking for meaningful work? Are you passionate about making a difference? If so, then UCPLA is the company for you. When you join UCPLA, you help us promote independence for adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities. We offer competitive starting salaries and benefits to full-time staff: Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, Life Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Paid Holidays, Vacation Benefits, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Bereavement Leave, Credit Union Benefits and Discounts, Referral Bonus Plan, and Retirement Plan.
United Cerebral Palsy of Los Angeles, Ventura & Santa Barbara Counties (UCPLA) is hiring an Administrator to oversee the management and administration of two residential group homes in conjunction with the Program Plan approved by the Department of Developmental Services. The Administrator assures compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations; coordinates the functions of each department within the homes; and organizes the facility programs within the framework of the operational budget.
- Maintain compliance to all federal, state, and local regulations including Title 17, Title 22, and ICF/MR federal regulations, as well as all policies set forth in the Administrative Manual and UCPLA Employee Handbook
- Oversee day-to-day operations to ensure quality resident care and proper staff ratios are maintained
- Participate as a member of the Human Rights Committee to ensure residents’ rights are understood and upheld by all staff
- Supervise staff in residential group homes, including training in proper use and maintenance of all equipment
- Follow Program Plan as approved by the Department of Developmental Services
- Maintain working relationships with Regional Centers and with local and state agencies
- Screen individuals for admission in conjunction with on-site staff and Director of Client Services, based on input from referring Regional Center
- Maintain fiscally sound budget, prepare budgetary reports, and submit invoices to corporate office
- Receive and respond to after-hours phone calls for emergency and non-emergency matters related to residents and/or staff which may require a visit to the facility(ies)
- Attend meetings, events, and other functions in support of the needs of programs and services of the residential homes
- Drive company vehicle in support of resident programming
- Other duties as assigned
- Current California Nursing Home Administrator License or meet requirements of a Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional (QIDP)
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or related discipline is preferred
- Minimum of two years of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities and/or experience in a related field
- Minimum of one year of supervisory experience managing employees and some management experience in the field of human services or business
- Must maintain valid and current proof of legal right to drive in California
- Must be able to work on-call weekends and after hours
- Strong desire to work with individuals with developmental disabilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Successfully pass all post offer, pre-employment screening requirements, including criminal background check, physical exam, drug screening, and provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States
With 40 programs and service sites spanning several counties, UCPLA is the largest nonprofit provider of direct care services for individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities in Southern California.
UCPLA is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates. UCPLA also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment pursuant to California Law and, if applicable, the L.A. Fair Chance Ordinance.