Under general supervision of the Admissions & Administrative Services Manager, provide support for the enrollment and clerical functions of the Child Development program. This includes CCAP intake assessments, tracking intake progress, obtaining information from prospective families for the waitlist, managing and coordinating discontinuances, and maintaining child classroom changes. Coordinate and facilitate new family orientations on an ongoing basis. The Admissions Coordinator will be cross-trained on all other administrative functions of the Child Development Admissions & Administrative Services team and will be responsible for filling in when necessary.
- Serves as an ambassador to prospective families by assisting them in completing enrollment paperwork including Child Care Assistance forms.
- Maintain the Child Development Program waitlist. Provide customer service to public inquiries about enrollment in the Child Development Program. Input data to maintain an accurate and up-to-date waitlist. Run reports from the waitlist to determine who is first on the list and who is eligible for the program. Maintain data fields to ensure necessary information is collected and case note any calls or conversations with families in order to keep records up to date.
- When notified of a classroom opening, evaluate waitlist families to determine eligibility for enrollment based on priority criteria. Conduct initial interview of families to ascertain interest and eligibility. Work to maintain classrooms at maximum capacity.
- Create and maintain all logistical reports and planning needed to meet and exceed annual goals for recruitment. Interact with Child Development Supervisors, Eligibility Specialists and Admissions and Administrative Services Director to determine strategic plan for high and low enrollment seasons.
- Maintain child and client profile in COPA.
Prepare intake information packets and ensure families are notified of the information requests. Coordinate with families to obtain all necessary information.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. One year of Administrative and/or customer service experience is a plus.
Experience processing Child Care Assistance applications. Experience in COPA and CACFP