Chamberlain University is experiencing continued growth and we are looking to add colleagues to our online Admissions team. This position will support Admissions for our online nursing degree programs.
Are you curious about people and learning about their goals and motivations in life? Do you believe that continuing education can positively impact a person’s life? Are you good at creating relationships, listening, and helping others reach their educational and career goals? Do you enjoy working in a team atmosphere, while also having accountability for your own accomplishments?
If you answered yes to these questions, and have prior experience in recruitment, marketing, client services or consulting, the Admissions Advisor role might be the career for you! Our Admissions Advisors are the first point of contact for prospective students, so we are looking for engaging, warm, enthusiastic people who will quickly create meaningful relationships.
We hire colleagues who are passionate about the value of higher education, and who want to help our students take the first step in continuing their education.
- The role of the admissions advisor is to reach out to individuals via phone; take incoming calls and place outbound calls to prospective students in a call center team environment.
- Admissions advisors interview prospective students to determine their motivation for attending college; understand their career goals and the obstacles that might prevent them from starting or continuing their education; help them to overcome those obstacles; and ultimately help them identify the degree-program that best matches their needs.
- During the interview advisors present information about the benefits of education and Chamberlain University, tailoring their message to the student’s needs, motivation, and career goals.
- Once prospective students decide to enroll, advisors guide them through the admissions process, responding to questions, linking them to financial aid and academic advisors, gathering the documents necessary to start school, and ensuring students complete admissions testing.
- By networking and building relationships with their students, admissions advisors identify and contact other prospective students.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- A passion for higher education and the desire to help prospective students achieve their educational and career goals.
- Enjoy interacting with prospective students over the phone, getting to know them to create a meaningful relationship.
- Ability to craft well-written, compelling messages to our students and fellow colleagues.
- Desire to work in a team and goal-oriented environment along with being internally motivated and the ability to work well independently.
- Ability to work 1 evening per week; and an occasional Saturday (1 to 2 per month).
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Chamberlain University has a 130-year history and the mission to educate, empower, and embolden diverse healthcare professionals who advance the health of people, families, communities, and nations. We’re 99,000 strong, with 31,000 students and 68,000 alumni armed with the skills, passion, and determination to make a difference in today’s complex healthcare environment. By living Chamberlain Care®, we’ve built a culture in which colleagues and students thrive, and we graduate extraordinary healthcare professionals who transform the health of people worldwide.
Our regionally accredited University is comprised of the College of Nursing and the College of Health Professions. Our College of Nursing offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree program at 22 campuses and online post-licensure degree programs and certificates including RN to BSN, RN to MSN, a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with six Specialty Tracks, and a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP). Our College of Health Professions offers online options with a Master of Public Health degree, Public Health Certificate programs, and a Master of Social Work degree. Learn more about Chamberlain University, part of Adtalem Global Education, at www.chamberlain.edu.