Mission Health has an excellent opportunity for an Admissions Clerk.
Together, our Resident Core Values and Team Core Values define Mission Health's commitment to the principals of Wellness and Enrichment. We believe our focus on the overall wellness of our residents and our commitment to enriching their lives makes us different from others in our industry.
As a Mission team member, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and caring clinical environment. We are proud of the difference we make in the lives of our residents during their rehabilitative journeys, and we invite like-minded individuals to explore this wonderful career opportunity.
The primary purpose of this position is to obtain required information and admit residents in an efficient manner, in accordance with established policies and procedures, and as directed by your supervisor.
Major responsibilities are:
- Assist in interviewing residents/guardians/sponsors and obtaining required admission information and signatures.
- Assist in the resident admission orientation program in accordance with our established policies and procedures.
- Admit and prepare identification records for residents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Admit, transfer and discharge residents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Provide residents with admission information packet and review with them as necessary.
- Obtain the resident/guardian's signature on all required permits, releases, authorizations, etc.
- Maintain a current listing of all residents and assigned room numbers. Provide copies of such listings to all team members as necessary and in accordance with our privacy rules.
- Attach preadmission documentation to admission papers as appropriate.
- Collect, assemble and check admission papers. Forward to appropriate department.
- Forward completed medical records to the Health Information/Medical Records Department as appropriate.
- Abstract information from records as authorized/required for insurance companies.
- Maintain various registries as directed including register for admissions and discharge of residents.
- Review/explain to the resident and/or guardian, room rates, billing procedures, visitor/guest privileges, restrictions, resident care procedures, etc. as appropriate.
- Refer admission problems to proper authority.
- Keep abreast of current Medicare/Medicaid regulations governing admission/discharge requirements of health care facilities.
- Maintain daily and monthly census reports.
- May be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
This is a fulltime opportunity.
No phone calls please. The search is being started off-site with our corporate recruiter. Thank you!