Columbia College Chicago is an acclaimed undergraduate and graduate institution that provides a comprehensive education in the arts, communications and public relations. We constantly aim to reach our full potential as an educational innovator, incubator of new creative practice and generator of real-world success for young creatives. We are located in the heart of Chicago, across the street from historic Grant Park, and housed in some of the most iconic buildings in the South Loop.
Columbia College Chicago a private urban institution of over 6,000 undergraduate and graduate students, four-year College offering a distinctive curriculum that blends liberal arts, creative and media arts and business is currently searching for an Admissions Officer.
The Admission Officer has responsibility for the recruitment of first-time, full-time and part-time students and transfer students to the College and is responsible for an assigned territory of high schools/colleges and for meeting departmental and enrollment goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Recruits traditional-age students, which include high school seniors and transfer students with less than 12 hours of credit, and students who have been out of high school less than five years and have never attended college.
- Recruits transfer students.
- Manages an assigned recruitment territory; represent the College at national and local fairs, events and programs as assigned. Provides information about the College’s mission, history, academics, campus life, admission process and financial aid.
- Maintain consistent contact with students, parents, and influencers via phone calls, email, and other methods, and participate in all yield activities for assigned territory.
- Meet and/or exceed yearly enrollment goals.
- Coordinate student campus visits with faculty members and students.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of on-campus and off-campus recruitment events.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all College programs, including academic and extracurricular programs.
- Prioritize prospective students and applicants to assist in attracting the most qualified students to College with the aid of the Slate CRM.
- Monitor applicant files to ensure that the files are complete and to facilitate the acceptance process.
- Review admission applications and properly routes admission files.
- Coordinate with the efforts of the Financial Aid Office by following up on completed financial aid packages with admitted students and their parents.
- Represent the Admissions Office at community events as required. Public speaking required.
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues
- Adhere to the department budget
- Adhere to the College’s policy and procedures
- Participate in developing department goals, objective, and systems.
- Perform additional responsibilities and/or duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from prospective students, parents, high school counselors, and members of the campus or business community.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply commons sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must have and be able to maintain a valid Driver's License without restrictions.
- Demonstrate courtesy and respect in interactions with internal and external constituents (prospective students, parents).
- Must have strong computer skills, excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Work hours necessary, including extensive evening and weekend work.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee and is subject to change based on the needs of the department and/or college.
At Columbia, we offer a rewarding work environment for our faculty and staff. We take pride in offering competitive benefits with affordable health, dental and vision coverage; flexible spending accounts; commuter benefit program, life and accidental, death & dismemberment coverage; paid and unpaid leave options; work/life benefits; educational assistance programs; and retirement and financial planning benefits.
We invite you to join our talented faculty and staff and become part of our collective aspiration to ensure Columbia prepares students for success in their creative fields through innovation, engagement and real-world experiences.
Position subject to a background screening.
This is a union position.
This position is overtime eligible.
Qualified candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Columbia College Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations concerning civil rights. The college does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law.