Brookdale is seeking an Admissions RN for our Placentia Hospice agency for north of the 91 freeway (Whittier/Riverside). M-F 11am to 7pm. Seeking a RN with a hospice heart and a skill set to match.
If interested contact Donna at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-339-3621.
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Responsible for providing direct patient care in accordance with physician orders, recognizing standards of practice and establishing company policies and procedures. Responsible for following the plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
- Follows the plan of care, provides treatments, and works collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
- Provides direct patient care as defined in State Nurse Practice Act, including specialized duties related to end of life care.
- Implements current nursing practices following a comprehensive assessment and plan of care.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation of patient services to reflect the plan of care.
- Assesses and provides patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and self-plan of care.
- Participates in coordination of hospice services, appropriately reporting the identified needs to the interdisciplinary group, including Hospice Aide, Director of Clinical Services – Hospice, and Chaplain.
- Uses and prepares equipment and supplies effectively, adhering to aseptic techniques.
- Provides appropriate pain/symptom management. Evaluates patient’s response to treatments/medications.
- Participates in personal, professional growth and development. Also participates in organization's quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Graduate of an accredited Registered Nursing program. Minimum of one (1) year experience as a Registered Nurse preferred. Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Current State RN License. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or Organization requirements and is in good working order.
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization. Expresses verbal and written communication in a clear, positive and cooperative manner. Demonstrates effective organizational skills. Understands principles of pain/symptom management. Must be able to function in a stressful work environment. Ability to market and deal tactfully with customers and the community. Ability to learn the hospice regulations and requirements, governmental regulations and CHAP standards.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Schedule: Regular Full-Time