The Admissions Social Worker is responsible for maintaining community relationships and actively pursuing on-going networks to maintain a solid census at Summit Hill Senior Living. This position requires someone who is great at building and maintaining community outreach and driving census goals. Social worker background and experience working with senior adults is preferred.
Essential Functions (Including but not limited to the following)
- Ability to develop rapport and provide information to various referral sources such as case managers, TCUs, and hospitals.
- Review referral documents to identify key information regarding care and health needs of potential residents.
- Understands Medicaid waivers (EW and CADI).
- Recognizes, documents and advocates residents needs to Interdisciplinary Teams.
- Cultivate an interdisciplinary culture by sharing information and developing care plans with the nursing team at the beginning of each referral.
- Collaborate with nursing team as needed to provide feedback, reports, documentation that can be presented to resident care teams.
- Integrate into day to day activities in the building to stay abreast of resident health and mental health changes and continue to develop relationships with residents.
- Provide feedback to management and team in order to improve the quality of life of all residents (i.e. Recognizing common issues).
- Experience working with individuals diagnosed with a mental illness and understand how to safely plan and reduce risk.
- Must have a valid drivers license. Driving may be necessary.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a related field.
- Ability to lift/carry objects weighing up to approximately 30 lbs. or more and to meet all physical requirements related to this position.
- Experience in working with older adults.
- Human Service/Social Work background.