ADMISSIONS SPECIALIST II
Job Code: 1233
Division: Enrollment Management, Student Affairs
Reports to; High School Partnership Coordinator II
Positions Supervised: None
Location: Main Campus
- Provide excellent customer service for prospective students/families, current students, high school personnel, staff, and faculty regarding admissions, enrollment, and the dual/concurrent process
- Ensure admissions and course pre-requisites have been met for dual/concurrent student enrollment
- Process dual/concurrent enrollment forms and catalog and manage TEC applications and questionnaires
- Assist with management of SIS database with respect to attendance, grades and credentials
- Support efforts to establish district-wide goals for KCKCC High School Partnerships and support activities designed to meet program goals and NACEP standards
- Coordinate and attend dual/concurrent student and parent information nights, enrollment sessions, middle and high schools, community events, and carry out liaison activities between the students, high school and internal college services as directed. Present to prospective students, parents, school counselors and administrators to promote dual/concurrent enrollment for TEC and non-TEC programs
- Assist in the facilitation of Fall and Spring in-services for counselors per KBOR requirements
- Coordinate the high school dual/concurrent UDS 500 bussing schedule and resolve transportation issues.
- Receive, scan, and link student documents
- Coordinate prospective student visits, events, and TEC tours. Schedule and manage High School recruitment events for TEC
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications and/or Education
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years of experience working in a professional office, business setting, or higher educational setting
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clear motor vehicle record and be willing to travel to local high schools and work some evening and weekend hours
Preferred Qualifications and/or Education
- Admissions experience
- High school counseling or registrar experience
- Dual and concurrent enrollment experience
- Fluent Spanish speaker
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, talk, hear, walk, and sit. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift items.
40 hours per week, during regular hours of Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Must be able to work a variable schedule/hours to meet operational needs. May require evening and weekend hours.
Pay grade level: Grade 12
Compensation: $37,454 - $46,818
Employee category: Staff
Position Type: Full-Time
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
- Read the job announcement carefully noting the initial screening date, minimum qualifications, and required information. Note that information contained in your application materials will be used to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. Make sure you complete/submit all the documents listed as required.
- If the position lists a required transcript (during the application process) unofficial transcripts may be submitted. However, please note that upon selection for hire, you will be required to submit official transcripts.
- Ensure that your transcripts show that a degree was awarded or conferred if you are stating that it is your highest level of education completed. If you certify your level of education and it cannot be verified from your transcript(s), your application may not be referred to the selection committee.
- Foreign degrees are acceptable provided they have been translated and/or shown to have equivalency to a United States: Associate, Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate level degree.
- Documentation verifying completion of a degree, course work within a discipline, or other educational criteria should be electronically attached (uploaded) to your application.
- Three (3) professional references with phone number and email addresses are required.
- A college selection committee is responsible for application review and interviews. The final candidate(s) selected to be hired will be made by the hiring manager.
- Successful completion of a background check on all persons recommended for employment is required Individual hiring departments may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process.
***This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.