- JOB SUMMARY/PURPOSE
- Responsible for the day-to-day work flow of the front office to facilitate efficient functioning of the Samaritan Endoscopy Center. Serves as the initial patient point of contact both in person and on the telephone.
- DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION
- Samaritan Endoscopy Center is an outpatient center offering comprehensive endoscopic procedures. Our spacious procedure rooms are equipped with the most advanced endoscopy equipment available. The center offers a patient-focused environment with an emphasis on comfort, safety and thoroughness.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Three (3) years experience in position of similar complexity/responsibility with experience in medical terminology, insurance billing/authorizations and general medical office procedures required.
- Experience or training in computer applications required.
- Customer Service: Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Confidentiality: Knowledge of State and Federal (HIPAA) laws pertaining to confidentiality of protected health information. Ability to comply with laws and maintain confidentiality of patient information.
- Computer Literacy: Knowledge of electronic equipment, computer hardware and software, including applications and programming. Ability to operate applications, set up functions, enter data, and manipulate and process information.
- Clerical: Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Health Information Technology: Knowledge of health information technology (e.g. review documents, the electronic health record, coding software). Possess independent judgment skills within the scope of job responsibilities to resolve legal, financial or administrative problems.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
(1 - 10% of the time)
(11 - 33% of the time)
(34 - 66% of the time)
(67 – 100% of the time)
LIFT (Floor to Waist: 0"-36") 0 - 20 Lbs
LIFT (Knee to chest: 24"-54") 0 - 20 Lbs
CARRY 2-handed, 0 - 20 pounds
CLIMB - STAIRS
CARRY 1-handed, 0 - 20 pounds
LIFT (Waist to Eye: up to 54") 0 - 20 Lbs
SQUAT Static (hold >30 sec)
BEND FORWARD at waist
KNEEL (on knees)
WALK - LEVEL SURFACE
ROTATE TRUNK Standing
REACH - Upward
PUSH (0-20 pounds force)
PULL (0-20 pounds force)
ROTATE TRUNK Sitting
REACH - Forward
MANUAL DEXTERITY Hands/wrists