The Department of Corrections, Division of Probation and Parole, is recruiting for multiple Adult Probation Officer I/II positions located in Palmer, Alaska.
We are looking for energetic and public-service oriented candidates with excellent interpersonal skills to join our team. The Palmer Probation Office offers many opportunities for leadership and personal growth in a flexible and dynamic work environment.
The key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting visits and searches in the field, home, and office;
- Investigate, verify and document current compliance with all probation/parole conditions, and conditions of release;
- Continual evaluation of offenders risk in the community of re-offending;
- Intervening to prevent, offset, or address an offenders noncompliance;
- Evaluating the severity of an offenders violations / noncompliance, reviewing appropriate policy and procedure, and determining action required;
- Arrest offenders within guidelines, when necessary;
- Complete risk assessments;
- Preparing and filing probation and parole revocations;
- Testifying before the Court, Parole Board, and Grand Jury, as well as attending various court hearings;
- Seven day on-call rotation (includes holidays);
- Maintaining case files;
- Interviewing victims and individuals in the community;
- Preparing reports which includes conducting background investigations, compiling information, documenting and verifying information, and researching records;
- Using crisis intervention and counseling techniques to assist and direct offenders; and
- Completing a Probation Officer Academy and obtaining Alaska Police Standards Council certification.
The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Excellent case management skills;
- A pattern of reliable behaviors on the job;
- Excellent team-work and interpersonal skills; and
- The ability to work effectively and calmly with individuals who are often offensive, upset, hostile, and dangerous.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Palmer, Alaska