Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
Chestnut Health Systems Adult Chemical Dependency program is seeking a full-time 2nd/3rd shift Adult Residential Shift Supervisor for our Bloomington, IL facility.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Oversee the implementation of the treatment program schedule and the completion of appropriate shift paperwork. Report all problems occurring on the shift Associate Director of SUD Residential Programs. Prepare and/or submit Incident Reports as required.
- Responsible for the communication of significant information regarding incomplete paperwork and/or client behaviors to the next shift.
- Responsible for ensuring that all necessary admission and discharge tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner, including notification of appropriate and necessary medical and supervisory personnel.
- Responsible for scheduling of unplanned staff absences due to illness or emergencies. Attempt to schedule other staff (full or part-time) into the open shifts. If the shift cannot be filled, consult Associate Director of SUD Residential Programs and/or back-up for assistance.
- Conduct training and oversight of assigned staff on the daily functions of the adult residential counselor position.
- Maintain the therapeutic treatment environment and general safety/cleanliness of the facility by supervising staff and adult residential clients during the designated hours according to the established schedule.
- Work with individual clients in assigned areas of responsibility under supervision, and in cooperation with, the Primary Counselors. Provide behavioral and emotional management skills, including reinforcement of unit rules and behavioral contracts.
- Conduct adult residential admissions, under the supervision of the Associate Director of SUD Residential Programs, on clients presenting for residential treatment.
- Conduct recreation and education groups as assigned.
- Maintain records of clients and services provided including progress notes, admission and discharge paperwork and shift checklist.
- Monitor and collect scheduled/random urine screens and BAC’s for adult clients.
- Assist medical staff in monitoring medication disbursement, and in absence of RN, monitor self-administration of client medications.
- Assist in transportation of clients to medical appointments, AA/NA/CA meetings, or special events/activities.
- Attend and participate in designated staff meetings.
- Provide court testimony when requested.
- Promote Chestnut’s culture of customer service excellence through the adherence to Chestnut’s behavioral standards for customer service.
- Maintain and protect confidentiality and security of all organizational information gained in the course of performing job responsibilities including, but not limited to, financial and client information.
- Must be able to work evenings and nights.
Must be able to remain awake, alert and active during evening and night hours.
Must be at least 20 years' old with a high school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in substance abuse treatment; or a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Must have ability to effectively direct and supervise assigned staff.
Good oral and written communication skills are required.
Must have a valid driver’s license, private automobile insurance and be insurable (when applicable).
Requires basic computer skills and experience to include MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan with company match, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled