Through its people and brands, CNH Industrial delivers power, technology and innovation to farmers, builders and drivers all around the world. Each of its brands, including Case IH, New Holland Agriculture, Case and New Holland Construction, FPT Industrial, Capital, and Parts & Service, is a major international force in its specific sector.
We are currently seeking an Advance Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will work with both engineering and manufacturing to develop and define concepts and processes for, and integral to, new product and product enhancement programs. Additionally, you will assist plant Manufacturing Engineering team in integration of designs and processes into a lean manufacturing environment. This role will be the Assembly Expert for the Engineering and Manufacturing Plant teams acting as a liaison providing direction to design in support of manufacturing.
- Assembly process expert and liaison between the Engineering and Manufacturing Plant teams ensuring complete NPI process from design to manufacturing. Maintain strong relationships and open communication with Engineering and Manufacturing teams.
- Representing the plant while working with Engineering teams two years prior to NPI launch to ensure the design to manufacturing is in place. The objective is to develop products that are completely manufacturable.
- Evaluate and help implement innovative and cost effective assembly processes and techniques, which will improve the effectiveness of the manufacturing operations and business systems.
- Develop and define concepts and manufacturing processes for, and as an integral part of, all new product and product enhancement programs, using advanced engineering techniques such as DFM / DFA (Design for Manufacturability and Assembly) & FMEA.
- Develop manufacturing planning, initial tooling requirements and costs, capability requirements, control plans, and assessments, which facilitate the definition and specification of the assembly processes.
- Develop and maintain project budgets.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership for the timely resolution of assembly process and product design problems. Serve as a resource for cause / effect analyses, investigations, statistical studies, and corrective action planning.
- Integrate closely with various Platform and Engineering personnel, Manufacturing Launch and Unit Managers and Manufacturing Engineers to maximize product quality, production output, and schedule compliance, while minimizing costs.
- Optimize value-added operations, operating costs, and product quality by developing and implementing manufacturing flows, work station layouts and station controls.
The qualified candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline required; Industrial, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineering disciplines will be considered
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in manufacturing or industrial engineering environment
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong organizational and planning abilities
- Ability to be a team player
- Knowledge and experience with Lean Manufacturing
- Expertise in Assembly methods and technologies
- Ability to build relationships and act as a liaison with engineering and manufacturing plant teams to develop products that are completely manufacturable.
- NPI experience with new product launch process, using a disciplined process; i.e. Stage-Gate
- Experience in machining, fabrication, welding, assembly methods and technologies. Bill of Materials, process time studies and line balancing.
- Experience using virtual tools and systems
- Advanced engineering techniques such as DFM / DFA (Design for Manufacturability and Assembly) & FMEA
- Project Management experience
- Experience in a low volume production manufacturing environment in heavy equipment a plus
- 3-D CAD such as Pro-E, Solidworks or Catia experience; ability to read, interpret and make edits to diagrams to advise Engineers and Plant Launch Manager
- Knowledge of advanced quality and design techniques a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Supervisory or mentorship experience a plus
CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Applicants can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster and its supplement here.
If you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 1-800-889-4422 option 1 and then option 5, or contact us at email@example.com
Read about our company’s commitment to pay transparency by clicking this link: pay transparency notice.