WHEN APPLYING PLEASE USE A WEB BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER IF YOU ENCOUNTER ISSUES (CHROME, FIREFOX, SAFARI, ETC.)
Amerisure is an insurance organization charged with creating exceptional value for its Partners For Success® agencies, employees and policyholders. As a property and casualty insurance company, Amerisure’s promise to our partner agencies and policyholders begins with a comprehensive line of insurance products designed to protect businesses, as well as the health and safety of every employee. Amerisure is an A.M. Best “A” (excellent) rated company and services mid-sized commercial enterprises focused in construction, manufacturing and healthcare. We are ranked as one of the top 100 Property & Casualty companies in the United States, with more than $835 million in Direct Written Premium and $937 million in surplus.
Amerisure is currently recruiting for an Advanced Analytics Analyst to sit in our Corporate Headquarters in Farmington Hills, MI. The ideal candidate will possess the following skill set.
Supports predictive analytics and other modeling analysis for the organization. This position will perform data analysis and utilize various statistical analysis to support department and company initiatives.
Essential Tasks/Major Duties
- Provide technical and quantitative support to develop, test, validate, and maintain predictive models.
- Collect and cleanse data used in the modeling analysis, including extracting and combining data from multiple sources using languages such as SQL and SAS.
- Under the guidance of an experienced modeler, develop value-added analytics utilizing data mining technology, multivariate analysis, regression analysis and statistical sampling.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to improve existing data capture or begin the capture of new data elements required for modeling.
- Prepare results for presentation, including development of data visualizations such as dashboards.
- Communicate findings and recommendations within department and to colleagues in other departments.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, statistics, computer science, economics or related field.
- 1 year of experience in data analysis or related field.
- Programming experience (i.e., SAS, SQL, Python, etc.).
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to build positive partnerships and work collaboratively with cross-functional business teams.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
WHEN APPLYING PLEASE USE A WEB BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER SUCH AS CHROME, FIREFOX, ETC.
Just as we are committed to creating exceptional value for our Partners For Success® agencies and policyholders, Amerisure also remains committed to being an employer of choice. We reinforce this commitment by adhering to an Employee Value Proposition that, in part, is provided through a competitive total rewards package. Amerisure offers a Compensation & Benefits Package that includes competitive base pay, performance based incentive pay, comprehensive health & welfare benefits, 401(k) savings plan, and profit sharing. In addition to generous paid time off programs, we allow our employees flexible and remote work arrangements. If you strive for excellence and are committed to personal and professional growth, Amerisure is looking for you.
Amerisure Insurance provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amerisure Insurance complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Amerisure Insurance expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Amerisure’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.