The Advanced Analytics Group (AAG) is a team of experts in data science, engineering, marketing science, operations research and primary market research. The Advanced Analytics Specialist works with Bain’s consulting teams to provide high quality results for our clients.
The candidate will also work to advance AAG’s and Bain’s analytic and research capabilities and provide training to the consulting staff as needed.
The person in this role will need the ability to:
- Communicate effectively with analytics experts and business leaders inside and outside of Bain to develop data driven solutions for Bain clients across a variety of sectors.
- Translate business objectives into data and analytics solutions using appropriate data engineering, analytics, and visualization applications.
- Support AAG Sr. Specialists, Managers and Experts in providing analytic consulting, ETL support and primary market research expertise to Bain case teams and clients worldwide. The Advanced Analytics Specialist will work with case teams to assess data needs, support data handling, design primary research projects, and propose analytical solutions to provide practical, value-added answers to the client and case teams.
- Set up and execute ETL processes for case teams and clients. Enable case teams to aggregate, merge and/or work on (large) datasets.
- Design sample specifications, and help develop surveys that will deliver actionable information.
- Explain and perform a variety of advanced statistical and data mining techniques such as, but not limited to: multivariate and logistic regressions, decision trees (e.g. CHAID/CART), latent class analysis and other clustering techniques, time series analysis, factor analysis, multi-dimensional scaling, and maximum difference scaling (MaxDiff).Train and coach consultants on statistical procedures and analytical techniques and tools.
- Keep abreast of new and current statistical, database and market research techniques.
- A Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Econometrics, Business Analytics, or Market Research. 0-3 years work experience, although previous experience in a related field is a plus.
- Strong experience with R, SPSS, and/or SAS, including syntax or scripting languages.
- Experience working with SQL and relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL or similar databases is a plus.
- Knowledge of a variety of statistical and data mining techniques including but not limited to: multivariate and logistic regressions, decision trees (e.g. CHAID/CART), latent class analysis and other clustering techniques, time series analysis, factor analysis, multi-dimensional scaling, and maximum difference scaling (MaxDiff).
- The ideal candidate may also have other complimentary skill sets including:
- Experience with Alteryx, Tableau, or other advanced analytical tools.
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g., Python, JAVA).
- Experience with tools in the Big Data domain (e.g., Spark, NoSQL, Azure/AWS).
- Strong analytical, mathematical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to work independently.
- Some travel required
- Fluent in English
- Start date in early or mid 2019