Atrium Health - Levine Childrens Hospital in Charlotte, NC is looking for an experienced Pediatric Advanced Care Practitioner to join their extraordinary team of surgical clinicians.
Previous work experience in the inpatient care setting with pre- and post-operative care for a pediatric surgical population is preferred. The provider in this position will perform consultations, history and physicals, admissions, orders, discharges, as well as coordination of care for patients in general and trauma settings.
- Daily rounding of patient population
- Charting and necessary data gathering for patient visits
- Records findings of examinations, assessments and plan of care
- Writes appropriate prescriptions and administers medications
- Orders and interprets laboratory and radiology examinations
- Performs initial and periodic medical history, physical examinations, and daily assessments
- Facilitating transfers from ED or referring hospitals
- Conduct minor procedures (suture removal, removal of drain tubes, etc.) as directed by the medical staff
- Acts as a patient advocate for the population served
- Attends, participates and contributes to group/practice meetings and development of policies and procedures when requested
- Daily schedule to provide inpatient coverage 7 days a week from 7:30am-7:30pm and includes rotation of clinic work (8-hour days) Monday through Thursday, which will be shared with two other ACPs; rotating weekend coverage, no call
Education, Experience and Certifications
Must have or be eligible for a DEA license. Approved to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state one works. Eligible for prescriptive authority application through the Board of Nursing or Medical Board in NC required. BLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA required with expiration date greater than 90 days from date of beginning practice. Demonstrates appropriate critical thinking, interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize and make proactive decisions. Three years of relative experience and/or surgical background preferred.
Masters Degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required. License to practice as a Registered Nurse required. Candidate must have Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Acute Care certification (PNP-AC) based on the population served.
Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required; Masters Degree preferred. Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred.
To learn more or to submit a CV for confidential consideration, please contact Kyle Audette, Physician & ACP Recruiter via email at Kyle.Audette@atriumhealth.org.