Job Summary: Performs all activities necessary to process payroll hourly including both union and non-union locations. Provides customer service for Payroll Shared Services.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Key Results Area:
* Processes multi-cycle/multi-state payroll, ensuring 100% accuracy and timeliness, including garnishments, benefits, other special payments (bonus, sales quarterly incentive bonuses, annual incentive bonuses, awards, etc.) and tax withholdings for approx. 3,000 domestic employees.
* Processes payroll in compliance with Company policies, union contracts, federal state and local regulations and Wage and Hour laws affecting payroll accuracy and procedures.
* Prepares reports and remits payments for Union and contractual commitments of the Company. Partners with Union representatives to ensure all obligations are executed accurately and timely.
* Provides quality customer service and support for employees as needed.
* Prepares special reports for management, HR, Accounts Payable, IT and Manufacturing Plants as required.
* Assists with payroll training classes and new hire orientation.
* Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
Management reserves the right to assign or reassign other appropriate duties to this job at any time. This document excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. Tempur Sealy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Ideal Candidate Possesses These Attributes:
* Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information
* Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
* Interpersonal Skills - Communicates and coordinates effectively
* Written Communication - Communicates clearly and with purpose
* Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed
* Business Acumen - Displays orientation to company profitability
* Cost Consciousness - Develops and implements cost saving measures
* Ethics - Keeps commitments
* Organizational Support - Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values
* Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities
* Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments
* Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
* Quantity - Completes work in timely manner
* Dependability - Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
* Mathematical Skills- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
* Reasoning Skills- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual should have, at minimum, an intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office. Advanced Microsoft Excel experience preferred. ADP, Oracle, Hyperion, Manbase, Lawson, and/or Dynamics AX knowledge a plus.
* Required an associate degree in Accounting or Bachelor's degree in Accounting from four-year college or university, preferred
* 1-3 years of multi-state payroll experience preferred
* Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification preferred
* Experience in a Shared Service Center is a plus
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be capable of performing each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements herein are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: Fast-paced corporate office environment. Some stress may occur. Flexibility to travel within the U.S. is required.
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties, responsibilities, and key results of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties, responsibilities, and key results outlined herein.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled