OhioHealth is seeking a BC/BE Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiologist to join an expanding and comprehensive Advanced Heart Failure and Mechanical Circulatory Support program at its flagship 1000-bed hospital, OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital.
Position profile: What you can expect
- Join a large, system owned Heart and Vascular group with nearly 100 cardiologists, 3 AHFTC physicians, and 1 VAD surgeon
- Robust VAD team including 4 Advanced HF NPs, VAD coordinators, SW, Finance, Palliative Care, Pharmacy and HF RNs
- Involved in both outpatient and inpatient AHFTC responsibilities. Inpatient responsibilities are consultative with strong primary hospitalist service support.
- Procedures available: Right heart catheterization, CardioMEMS, Left heart catheterization, CPX, Endomyocardial biopsies, and Percutaneous Pumps, if desired.
- ELSO certified ECMO program
- Joint Commission Certified LVAD program
- Joint Commission Certified Heart Failure Disease Management Clinic
- Riverside houses a dedicated heart hospital, CVICU, and MICU
- Teaching opportunities with residents/fellows
- Clinical research is encouraged, but not required
- Preference for motivated candidates with post-fellowship experience
Enjoy the stability of employment along with highly competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, relocation assistance, and student loan reimbursement.
Partnering for Healthcare Excellence Today and in the Future
Today’s complex healthcare environment requires physicians and hospitals to work together to achieve excellence in clinical quality, patient safety and service quality. One of the ways we achieve that kind of partnership is through the OhioHealth Physician Group (OPG), a medical group of OhioHealth physicians, advanced practice providers and associates.
We value the expertise of our strong physician network. We seek out your ideas for improving the patient experience and implement them. It’s one of the reasons why we are regularly ranked in the top 10 percent of Press Ganey’s hospital experience survey, which measures physician engagement and satisfaction.
You can contribute to a culture that has repeatedly made OhioHealth one of the Fortune “100 Best Companies to Work For.” And you can collaborate with MD Anderson Cancer Network-certified physicians, use telemedicine to seek the real-time advice of experts across the system, be a part of our state-of-the-art Neuroscience facility, Level 1 Trauma Center or Primary Stroke Center, or find your fit in any of our ambulatory or specialized care sites across the central region of the state.
We Never Stop Learning
At OhioHealth, we want to do more than support the careers of our physicians — we want to grow their talents and help them reach their highest aspirations. We see your education not as an expense, but as a strategic investment in the health system.
We know growth isn’t limited to just education, so we rely on the voices and leadership of our physicians. We have Clinical Guidance Councils, a Physician Diversity Workforce Group, and the OhioHealth Physicians Leadership Institute to help you lead, grow and innovate in all facets of your career.
We Want to Talk About Your Future
Columbus is one of the top locations in the country for young professionals, with a mix of big-city amenities and small-town affordability. OhioHealth offers a wide range of professional experiences in communities throughout central and southeast Ohio, giving you the opportunity to find the perfect fit for your family and your career.
For more information, please contact Megan Shoewalter at (614) 544-4406 or email your CV to Megan.Shoewalter@ohiohealth.com.