PAPÉ MACHINERY, INC. – CONSTRUCTION & FORESTRY DIVISION – HILO, HI
ADVANCED JOURNEYMAN FIELD TECHNICIAN: Currently seeking a journeyman mechanic with background and experience in heavy equipment troubleshooting and repairs. Position will diagnose and repair John Deere Construction and Agricultural equipment and allied products in the field at customer locations. Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analyzing and diagnosing (troubleshooting) equipment malfunctions or failures.
- Repairing, replacing and/or rebuilding engines, transmissions, final drives, steering, clutches, cross shafts, hydraulic components, electrical systems and air systems.
- Welding and fabrication as required.
- Determining correct parts needed to complete the task and order in a timely manner from the Parts Department, as well as, returning all unused parts in a timely manner.
- Communicating in a courteous and effective manner with customers regarding all aspects of the work being performed.
Should have 5 plus years’ experience and be currently working at or near the journeyman level. Experience and factory training on one or more of the top 5 heavy equipment manufacturers is necessary and negotiable – the more the better. Diesel engine and A/C certifications are a plus. Must have a Class A CDL or the ability to obtain one and must have own tools.
Why work for Papé:
- Competitive pay based on your skills, training, and experience level
- Outstanding benefits including – 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match; Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts (Flex Plans); Life Insurance; Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance; Progressive Vacation Plans; Online and Instructor-Led Training; Tuition Reimbursement for Training Programs
- Advancement – Papé is a dynamic, growth-oriented organization with a focus’ on promoting from within.
- Stability and reputation — Papé is a family-owned, fourth-generation company with over 130 locations, over 3,600 members and 80 plus years of experience. Papé is known for their stability, their honesty and their integrity.
- Equipment – We have the largest equipment inventory in the West and an unparalleled parts inventory!
- Employee impact – Enjoy an open-door policy where your voice will be heard and your opinions will matter.
- Training – You will be provided with training and mentoring to prepare you for your role and continued learning to grow your skills.