The MET engineer is responsible to develop, install and validate manufacturing processes required to launch customer programs. The MET engineer will complete all of the advance manufacturing TenPLUS deliverable at the required time and maturity level to ensure a successful launch. Focus will be on final product quality, safety, total cost of ownership overall process efficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of manufacturing processes by completing detailed engineering analysis of
- Design for assembly
- Machine utilization and capacity planning
- Process flow
- Process labor planning & line balance
- Material flow and lineside presentation
- Plant layout
- Ergonomic analysis
- Visual management
- Process failure mode and effect analysis (PFMEA)
- Production equipment & tooling specification, purchase and acceptance
- Validation of manufacturing process to meet labor targets, production output and quality standards
- Manage new process development projects and coordinate activities with Product Design/Development/Applications Engineering teams & Plant Manufacturing Engineering teams.
- Develop machine “Statement of Requirement” (SOR) for new and advanced manufacturing process technologies to be delivered into our NA Manufacturing locations
- Develop validation plans for new and existing manufacturing processes supporting specifications, prints & quality requirements.
- Continual improvement to machine building standards to include mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics and controls as they relate to assembly machine construction.
- Support manufacturing with launch and continuous improvement activities.
- Support and adhere to Tenneco EH&S policies and procedures
- Support TS16949, NPIS, APQP and other applicable procedures and policies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical engineering preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of manufacturing experience
- Experience with process development, purchasing of industrial equipment and product launch is required.
- Experience in automotive tier 1 manufacturing is preferred.
- PFMEA development and working knowledge of error proofing methodologies
- Equipment specification, ordering, run-off, installation and qualification
- Knowledge of GD&T to review assembly, component designs and details to verify manufacturing feasibility
- Process layout and labor planning / line balance. Experience with standard labor time methods (MTM, MODapts, etc.) preferred.
- Capital equipment budget planning and tracking
- Strong computer skills with ability to quickly learn new software/applications
- Knowledge of state & federal regulated safety standards (OSHA or equivalent)
- Ability to draw two dimensional layouts in CAD software
- Analytical problem solving
- Design for assembly and manufacturing
- Project management - plan development and execution
- Ability to effectively influence and work in cooperation with a cross functional team
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills - ability to work in a matrix organization and effectively lead without direct positional authority is required.
- Strong communication, presentation and teamwork skills including the ability to write clear, concise technical documentation.
- Ability to travel throughout North America to support product launches, meetings and technical problem solving.
- Thinks Analytically - The ability to break down problems and gain understanding to make effective decisions.
- Drives for Results - The passion to set and meet high standards of performance
- Influences Others - The ability to persuade others to support your objectives
- Drives Accountability - The ability