Avosys is a growing integrator of professional, technological and management solutions services. Founded in 1998, Avosys provides services nationwide to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. We recognize the foundation of our firm is our people and we continue to rise above our competition by hiring the best.
Avosys is seeking an Advanced Office Clerk to provide services to the military and their families at Scott Air Force Base in IL.
- Provides clerical/administrative support.
- Serves as a medical records technician to process and maintain inpatient, outpatient or ambulatory procedure unit medical records.
- Required to compile or extract medical records data to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. Answers main office phone line. Directs telephone calls to appropriate section for assistance. Takes messages as required. Arranges and schedules medical appointments and determines patient eligibility for services. Determine patient eligibility, schedule appointments, relay general instructions to patients, or make referrals to other sections.
- Obtains updates and files medical records. Obtains documentation as requested by healthcare providers (test results or documentation not yet filed in records).
- Organizes and researches patient records, extract needed information, and review records for completeness, accuracy, and consistency within established guidelines. Initiates and locates patient medical records. Maintains medical records in accordance with prescribed directives.
- Conducts daily pull, delivery, and retrieval of patient records. Ensures arrival of medical records prior to appointment(s). Prepares reports regarding record statistics as necessary.
- A fully qualified typist (computer keyboard) with a minimum of 50 WPM is required.
- At least one year in medical office scheduling, in an office setting, or at least one year in relevant experience or specialized Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator certification required.
- High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalency. Basic medical terminology required.
- Requirements include walking, standing, sitting or bending. Must be able to carry 25-50 pounds and reach high shelving units with the assistance of step ladders to retrieve and file medical records.
For more information regarding this honorable opportunity to serve our Nation's Heroes and their families please contact Rene Reyna, Recruiter, at AReyna@Avosys.com or (210) 955-9445.
Reference Code: MSS.IL.CLRK.1810
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Scott AFB, IL
Industry: Government Contracting
Shift: Day Business Hours
Salary: Based on Experience
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact (210) 888-0775 or Jobs@Avosys.com for assistance.