Advanced Pharmacy Technician, DCAM Outpatient Pharmacy, full time Evenings job in Chicago, IL.
We're hiring for a Advanced Pharmacy Technician for DCAM Outpatient Pharmacy as a full time days job in Chicago, IL.
Join one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic medical centers, University of Chicago Medicine, in the role of Advanced Pharmacy Technician (APT). This opportunity allows for growth and collaboration, while supporting a team that is dedicated to enhancing lives and being on the forefront of all we do. Under general direction, the Advanced Pharmacy Technician performs all operational dispensing duties including, but not limited to, controlled substances, investigational drugs, or pharmacy purchasing. The Advanced Pharmacy Technician is responsible for the provision of safe, accurate, and timely medication distribution and reliable pharmaceutical care to a variety of patient populations.
Advanced Pharmacy Technician Education and Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required. Bachelors or other advanced degree preferred.
- Valid Illinois pharmacy technician license. Certified Pharmacy Technician License (National Certification)
- Experience and training as defined by one of the of the following qualifications:
- Minimum of at least 5 years’ experience as an inpatient hospital pharmacy technician OR
- Graduation from an ASHP accredited Pharmacy Technician Program, with at least 2 years of experience as an inpatient hospital pharmacy technician OR
- Minimum of at least one year experience as an inpatient hospital pharmacy technician at UCMC, with above average scores on all UCMC employee evaluations, and no disciplinary actions in the last 12 months (except time & attendance)
We’ve been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We’re in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you’d like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we’re doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront, University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.